Note to New Members ×

Bordercross Boards & Nidecker Project TM

Guest thomas_m

Guest thomas_m

I know what Bordercross is (saw it on the idjitbox) but I don't recall seeing any softboot boards being marketed as 'bordercross boards'. Can someone give me an example? I'd love to try one someday.

Also, has anyone ever tried the Nidecker Project TM. The blurb on the website sounded interesting "Fast freeriding. The Ultimate carving board to ride with soft bindings and boots."

TIA,

Thomas

the Project TM does sound like a cool board, i haven't ridden one or even seen one but would love to hear about them. i tried to track one down but Nidecker has stopped distributing to my home town i guess. i just got a K2 Instinct for similar type of riding. it's a fun little 165 machine - very quick and nicely stiff. handles firm conditions great, adequate in pow. that's not what it's designed for though.

i still haven't found much to rival my Tanker. although it's 182cm in length i think of it as being in a similar class to the Project TM and Instinct. carvey, slim waist, quite a bit of backbone for holding an edge. it has to rank as one of my all-time favorite shapes.

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by Jim Callen

I'm selling my boardercross board. It's an Oxygen SX 157, and I've ridden it a total of 24 times. I'm selling it for $175. If you want pictures, e-mail me. It's a great board to use with soft boots. I can carve some nice trenches in it. But I need to sell it to fund my new hardboot setup, which I now prefer. If you for some reason are going to ECES, I'm going to bring it with me.

Jim

Thanks for the example Jim. I'm not in the market, I just often see the recommendation for bordercross boards for the softboot groomercruising masses rather than freestyle/freeride boards and was trying to find out the difference.

So what makes that Oxygen a boardercross board? There wasn't any reference to it on the website. Is it the narrow width? That seems to be the main difference from the Donek Incline/Wide(which I ride).

Thanks,

Thomas

Volkl Spline is another bordercross board that is now discontinued. Generally they are stiffer and longer and a bit narrower than freeride and are adaptable to both soft and hard boots. They are twin tipped like freeride boards. I've ridden the Spline on both hard and soft boots. I much prefer it with the hard boots.