Note to New Members ×

gumballs sure are nice

bobdea

• 2 weeks later...
but is there something similar but cheaper with close to the same quality/size/feel?

I just bought a set and I love them but it would get real pricey to put them on all my boards.

Bob,

A few sets available here (not mine) for good price / shipping...

http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5244

Get on it!

-RF

mmm they slide fine. You just need to lean back a little. More surfy, bend those knees, get a hand down on the concrete wave ;)

yeah, they slide... for about .2 seconds before coming to a complete stop and launching you!:p

They will slide but dont be expecting to do any pendulums (sp?) at least the level and grade of hill I have been going down. I am still having trouble trying upright slides on gummies, gonna order something a bit harder, but I love the gumballs other wise.

EJECT!!!!! is what they will do to you if you are not payiong attention.

i can only do stand up slides with them on "groomed" concrete (used on bridges and in some garages around here... looks like chord, is made of concrete, and lowers the amount of traction you have on a longboard signifigantly). Im looking into getting some Flashbacks in a higher duro once im finished with these gummies. When I get a real DH board, it'll definately have the gumballs though:biggthump

When I get a real DH board, it'll definately have the gumballs though:biggthump

If you intend to do full-on DH at speeds above 40mph then look at vented core wheels like the Seismic Blast Waves or Abec11 Flywheels. Bearings can heat up and melt cores/wheels at high speeds - leading to a VERY bad day.

hmm, never considered that, although i should have. sounds like a pretty good idea actually. im also going to be looking into new bearings. I don't care for really fast bearings, i'll be going really fast regardless, i want the most durable ones... would that be the builtins are are there other, better bearings?

hmm, never considered that, although i should have. sounds like a pretty good idea actually. im also going to be looking into new bearings. I don't care for really fast bearings, i'll be going really fast regardless, i want the most durable ones... would that be the builtins are are there other, better bearings?

Biltins are pretty darn fast - but not the most durable, they are made in China. For the price your best bet is Pleasure Tool bearings (www.edsbearings.com) - you can have ABEC 7's (sealed or shielded) for about $15 shipped - and only $40 for the CERAMICS! I race on the A7 shielded and they are faster than my Biltins once I clean out the gel lube and use racing oil (Oust Met-Ol) in them. If you don't want ultimate speed just leave the gel lube in them, still plenty fast. Or get the A5's and save even more money. :cool: