Note to New Members ×

Plans for '08

tex1230

Summer may feel like it's never gonna end...but we are really less than 2 months from early turns in the rockies and 3 months from most of the east to start blowing snow..

So what are your plans for the next year?

Since I don't live at a resort, my weekend warrior plans are looking like this:

Thanksgiving weekend @ Stratton (Bretton woods as a backup in case the snow stays north

Xmas week - Probably Stratton but maybe Stowe

random weekends at Stratton...3 day weekends at Bretton Woods

ECES - Stowe - still up in the air but hoping for the whole week...if not, probably Thurs - Sun

if I only do the last half of ECES, I'm looking at Mammoth for my son's Spring Break - April 12-20...of course, if I go to California, half of that week will probably be on a beach - Orange County or San Diego.

So what do you have planned?

Finish school in the first week of Dec and hit Sunshine that weekend. Kimberley over Xmas, long weekend in Montana at the end of January, SES for the week in February (I AM going this year, and hopefully I can talk some BFF's into coming with me). Lots of weekend days this year, and more time at Nakiska with the local carving crew - I need my a$$ kicked so I don't ride so much like a pan$y. I get to ride with the girls this season now that I am sans man, so probably a couple of alcoholic weekends away with them ... I can't wait, it's gonna be a blast :1luvu:

I pulled all the snowboards out last weekend and hugged them. I've scored some new gear as well that I haven't used yet, so bring on the snow!

I have to start the cardio fitness regime at the start of Nov. I'm gonna be lean, mean and not bagged by 2 pm this season.

I noticed when I got up this morning that the days have all of a sudden got shorter. We're on the downhill folks ... :cool:

Hmm, I am havin' hard time to decide whether to re-join team copper and do race training on snowboard (for fun). Or totally stratch that idea and practice off road in snow (yes in snow) on my motorcycle (with studded tires -- trelloberg).

otherwise, im returning to snowmaking department for two months, and then either stick to red sky golf club or back to terrain park maintenance for this spring. Then in summer, i start my apprenticeship as electrician lift tech.

that's my plan.

- Riding in Hokkaido and Aomori in December.

- Freeride days at Pischa (Davos), Switzerland at end of January

- First-Tracks invitational in Switzerland in March/April

- and hopefully a two week stint in Argentina in August/September

Other than that, will try to make it to the PACNORWEST for some riding as well as some more local stuff here in Japan.

Well, I'm gonna have a pass at the local mtn so I'll be there just about every chance I can get, except one midweek day I'll be taking a day off to go to nubs nob or boyne with my brother and uncle, some weekend we'll be spending 2 days at searchmont in canada and one of my college roommates is planning a 3 day or so trip out west. Not sure which mountain. I know I'm gonna want at least 2 boards out west, but I don't want to fly with both, so that's some dilemma I'll have to figure out.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!:smashfrea

Guest shrederjen

Nov and Dec a random long weekend or two in Summit County.

First week of Dec - 4 day race camp at SteamBoat.

Jan week at the Bird with a day or two at Park City.

Late Jan or early Feb, few days at the Hole, WY.

Feb week at Steamboat with possibly a day or two at Expression Aspen.

Early March, Garmish, Germany.

Late April, perhaps a few days at Hood.

May 12, Birthday riding at the Basin.

So far, so good. Going to drop back off my goal of 60 days to 35-45 due to other obligations (such as glass in Italy) in my life. I must find that happy medium!

Shredder Jen Let me know when you might be coming to Summit in Nov or Dec as I might be available to go riding then as I have a few vacation days left to use up. Had to use most of last season to recover from shoulder sugery. Am ready to have a good year this year. I have some heels from Bomber that are made out of polyurethane that you can try. They are supposed to absorb more shock than the standard plastic heels that come with the Raichile boots. I will not be using them as I like intec and not standard bails.

Guest shrederjen

Will do. Most probably the first weekend of November and then a 3 dayer in Dec or so. I intend on getting a few 4 packs at the Denver ski show (usually first weekend in Nov). Not so sure if I will leave the Jeep up there this year. There is still time... I have to finish this last season, starting this week!!! Hahahah I count new seasons from fall through summer. Up to day 47, so far. Another 8 or 9 to go, starting this next week!!!

loon as soon as it opens every saturday and if school isn't too intense, then sundays too. Random trips to mountains where there are deals with people who don't have the threedom pass.

Loon, loon, loon....spring break in march hopefully in Montana. :biggthump then some more loon.

First and foremost, don't break any bones!!

If that goes as planned:

The last part of November and the first part of December at Bachelor. Then, Snowbasin and Powder Mountain through February. After Utah, we go back to Bachelor for March and the Oregon Expression Session. The odd day after April first if work allows. Needless to say, we are looking forward to winter.

Just got back from Chile yesterday (10 days) and am already exited about the upcoming season…

Probably going to Mammoth during the first weeks of the season and than heading to Aspen for 6 weeks (1/25 – 3/9) Some trips to the Summit from there…

After that heading back to LA and hitting Mammoth/June again…

Burn all my 2008 vacation days on the mountains of BC and Alberta the end of Jan, start of Feb. Snowboarding with a road trip on the side, it might look like this: Silver Star, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Sunshine Village/Banff, Panorama, Fernie, Red Mountain, Big White.

I usually go to Whistler every year, so probably a week with a former roommate who still lives there.

Failing all that, I could be stuck in Ontario, boo. . . .

Same ole same ole...

Wolf Creek and Summit County for early season.

Monarch/Angel Fire/Santa Fe/Sandia weekend warrior during normal season.

Maybe a day or two @ SES this year...we'll see?

Late season maybe another trip to Summit before summer wax.

I hope we have another year like 05-06 in CO/NM! 06-07 wasn't bad though...

Training to give back-country tours around Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan.

Hopefully ride Mo'iwa, climb Yoteizan a few times, find the steep terrain I'm sure exists in Hokkaido, and hit up the terrain park (skateboarding has made me curious!).

SVR>>

I head up to Hokkaido in December. Not sure how much free time I'll have, but are you interesting in doing any BC together?