Note to New Members ×

Arbor Koa 156 WANTED (See This Thread for Better Pictures of the Board)

masterplan

Hi again,

Okay...here are better pictures of the Arbor Koa that I'm looking for in a 156. I have this one pictured which is a 158 in Mint/NOS Unused/Unmounted condition. I would be happy to trade this one for a 156 Koa in the same condition. I will not sell it unless I find a 156 (as this is my "Backup Plan").

Or, if you happen to have a 156 for sale, I would pay: $150-175 for Used (in good/decent condition); $200-225 for Used (in excellent condition); $250-275 for new/unused.

As a note, the bottoms on these varied. I've seen White Bottoms with a large Red "ARBOR" on the more recent ones. This black bottom was the "old man winter" bottom from like 2002/03 I believe. I will take any Koa 156 with any bottom graphic or design.

Hit me up with an e-mail if you've got one...

thehibs@gmail.com

IM004134.jpg

IM004129.jpg

IM004130.jpg

IM004131.jpg

• 4 months later...

Dang~! Wish I would have caught that sale...

I actually have a Munoz in a 158 that I use as a mellow carver. Nice board, too. The 154 would be just a tad too short.

I'm very bummed I missed your woodie---(okay, that didn't sound right!)

Anyway to get that one back? Was it a 156? Dang

Anybody else have one?

We're a big Arbor family too (current count is 7, inlcuding two A55 carving boards and the pyramid ale promo board). Boards similar to yours came in two versions: cap and sidewall. my personal preference is for the cap (which I own in a 150) but my son loves his sidewall board.

I've seen a lot of these come up on ebay and there might be some there now. If you're looking for the sidewall version, the newer Elements are very similar.

Happy hunting.

Carol.

Good info. Can you tell me more about the difference between the Cap and the Sidewall? I'm not too familiar with the differneces in construction of snowboards. I do notice that the Element seems to be stiffer and more glossy. While my older Woodie seems to be much more flexible and duller (as a note, I prefer the duller look for some reason).

If you could post a picture of the two, that would be great.

Thanks again for the info. You have excellent taste in boards!

2 types of construction. Cap will look kind of thin on the side of the board. The Quazi was a cap construction. The other main type is sandwich. It is a thicker looking sidewall. These are generally a better design. I think all the new Arbors are made this way. The woody that I had with the green man on the bottom was a sandwich constuction.

With the cap construction the top sheet material rolls off the top and down to the steel edge on the side like in the first pic. On the Arbors the wood will come all the way down to the edge. Sandwich construction uses a piece of ABS plastic sandwiched between the top and base.

I :1luvu: Arbors :D

post-831-141842242817_thumb.jpg

post-831-14184224282_thumb.jpg

post-831-141842242821_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
With the cap construction the top sheet material rolls off the top and down to the steel edge on the side like in the first pic. On the Arbors the wood will come all the way down to the edge. Sandwich construction uses a piece of ABS plastic sandwiched between the top and base.

I :1luvu: Arbors :D

Dude---those are so friggin' sweet! What are those two boards in the top picture with the cream-colored centers and darker wood on the outside? I have never seen that model. What year are they from? What size are those (happen to have a 156?!)

Sorry for the late response...I lost track of the thread!

Oh, and a -=BUMPSKI=- as I'm still looking for Arboa Koa in the 156 size. Anyone??

All 3 of the boards on the left are carving boards. The two you asked about are the A55 (155) and A65 (165) Mickey Munoz Quasimoto models. Those are Maple in the center and Koa on the outside strips. I think they are from 2000 or 2001 which was when Arbor stopped making carving boards. Sorry I don't have any for sale.

This is the base on the A55!

post-831-141842244312_thumb.jpg

I didn't know they every made an A72...always thought 165 was the longest. The last year of production was either '98 or '99 if I remember correctly. The A55 is my son's first and favorite alpine board (but he's going to ride his new Prior metal 183 this weekend so we shall see!). I've got a new bamboo Arbor Push 152 which I will christen this weekend (one short run last weekend doesn't count).

Carol.

All 3 of the boards on the left are carving boards. The two you asked about are the A55 (155) and A65 (165) Mickey Munoz Quasimoto models. Those are Maple in the center and Koa on the outside strips. I think they are from 2000 or 2001 which was when Arbor stopped making carving boards. Sorry I don't have any for sale.

This is the base on the A55!

I love that 155. Dude, that is just sick.

Any chance that you would trade it for my Mint/Unused 158 pictured above? I just love that stick-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey, Randy.

Any idea what year the two boards on the far left of your two "family photos" might be? Can you describe the bases? I'm doing some research on the year of an Arbor carver for a friend.

thanks in advance,

Carol.

Carol,

I do not know for sure about the year of the boards. I'm checking with Jami about hers and if she knows anything I'll fill you in.

Far left A55 (all Koa) has an oval shaped logo in the center of the base. I can take pics if that helps. The next A55 (Koa and Maple) has the Mickey Munoz with the surfer image that's in the other picture.

I have something else to share that I will e-mail to you.

RT