Note to New Members ×

Turning your board into furniture

Allee

Hey people

I'm going to retire one of my boards and I'd really like to turn it into a hall table thingy. I think I'll get one of the local metalwork firms to throw a base together for me, and then it can have pride of place at the top of my stairs.

Has anyone done anything like this with any of their boards? I've seen a couple made into coat hangers, but I haven't seen anything made into a table.

Any ideas on a design? I'm open to suggestions here (and not rude ones either :o )

Here are a few ideas off the top of my head:

- bench

- cupboard door

- shelf

- cover it with some kind of white plastic and you could have a whiteboard

- CD rack -- just cut slots into it and attach two poles into the back to be used as legs of a stand.

BTW, you can have my freeride board if you want too. The base is concave, higher than the edges and pretty much flat ==> time to retire it. :)

'later...

cover it with some kind of white plastic and you could have a whiteboard

The topsheet might be able to be written on with a dry-erase pen as-is. If the topsheet is smooth/glossy, it would probably work, but if it is like a Donek board where you can feel little bumps and isn't glossy, it probably won't work. ...but none of this matters if the board isn't a light color.

One cool thing that I have seen on a ski bench was that they got two toe clips from ski bindings and put them together, and it made a cupholder on the armrest. If you decide to make a bench, do that.

my .014EUR

We were planning on making a bench for the mudroom with my retiree. It would seat 3 comfortably, and hopefully have room for 3 sets of ski/snowboard boots or more underneath..

Since we don't really have any wood working tools (or time) we were planning on getting a premade bench or seat of some sort and modifying it with the board. A chair for example, only with a stretched base on it.

how did they twist the two ends together and make the hook?:rolleyes:

you joke...but I had thought upon reading that, that it didn't seem like a great way to show off your board...I only just put together that she maeant coat rack...

I'm better looking than I am bright...

Just got another idea today: if you get a few boards, then you can make a hardshell casing for the boards you want to keep and travel with. :)

You would need to come up with some way to fill in the spaces between the sidecuts of 2 adjacent boards.

But it would be kind-of cool.

'later...

A snowboard rack would be cool though.

I like the wine rack made out of skis.

I'm thinking about making a spoiler for my car out of my snowboard...:freak3:

I hope it's a real twintip or one side of your car will be faster than the other.:p