Note to New Members ×

Intec Heels in Deeluxe Boots

Fanman

I got some new Deeluxe boots 06 models and it looks like you can screw intecs right into them with some metal support? With my old Raichle's 323 I had to drill through the heels and bolt them on. Does anyone know about the Deeluxe Lemans, and if you need to drill through the heels to hold the Intec heels on? or is there enough strength in there to hold them? I found out the hard way with the old boots when I hit a compression in some boot top powder and got thrown forward. I out of both heels! it felt like I had release ski bindings on, the heels were still in the bindings, but I wasn't. The guy I was boarding with said did you drill through and bolt them on? nope I said just screwed them on! Dum-Dum I was lucky not to break a leg! both came off, so that was good except I wasted the rest of the powder day!

Thanks, for your response!

Whoa, scary release!

All the new Deeluxe, and nearly all the older Raichle boots, are INTEC compatible. Not sure what you mean by "metal support", but you should be able to simply remove the standard heel and replace it with the Intec. The Intecs come with new hardware, including new T-nuts if you need them (although I doubt you'd need to replace the ones that are already there). With the new stuff, you shouldn't need to drill ANYTHING. I ride some older Raichle 224s and the only thing I had to modify was the cable hole - just bored it out a bit with my drill to accomodate the wider diameter of the cable. Everthing else lined up just fine.

See Michelle's "Sticky" here: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=16242

Good luck!

I got some new Deeluxe boots 06 models and it looks like you can screw intecs right into them with some metal support? With my old Raichle's 323 I had to drill through the heels and bolt them on. Does anyone know about the Deeluxe Lemans, and if you need to drill through the heels to hold the Intec heels on? or is there enough strength in there to hold them? I found out the hard way with the old boots when I hit a compression in some boot top powder and got thrown forward. I out of both heels! it felt like I had release ski bindings on, the heels were still in the bindings, but I wasn't. The guy I was boarding with said did you drill through and bolt them on? nope I said just screwed them on! Dum-Dum I was lucky not to break a leg! both came off, so that was good except I wasted the rest of the powder day!

You definitely need to trust and believe in your connection! Otherwise it can mess with your mind :freak3:

Thanks, for your response!

Brett. Glad you weren't hurt!

FYI. Kirk is correct, there are metal inserts in the boots from the factory. However, do a couple search here on BOL for posts about failures of those said inserts. Heavier guys riding big boards appear to (logically) have a greater number of issues. Boots with days on them (moisture + stress + time) can develope oxidation (rust) and start cracking. You understand the result of that happening already!! Give me a call or email me off line if you want my methods. Posting mods here has been done, I am just not interested in doing that currently.

Bryan