Note to New Members ×

Summer Time Riding

Guest shrederjen

Guest shrederjen

Is anyone going south to ski/ride in Chile, this season?

I have a small group going down in August.

Staying at Valle Nevado from 10 Aug - 18 Aug.

We will probably do a day or two at La Parva and/or El Colorado.

Give me a shout if you are coming down or are interested in joining us.

I will be on my Madd 170 or a fat Dynastar (in hardboots) if the

conditions arise. :biggthump

Jen

Boardz,Boyz, and Beadz.

What more could a girl need?

Guest shrederjen

heheheh Yes, if it ever gets built.

I have been told, they bought the property.

It is right next to my work!

You can bet, Ill figure out how to spend some time there...

not a joke.

check out Ski Dubai if you want to see a real whacko one...overcrowded skiing in the middle of the desert...

I have seen that, but I thought it was just too many petrochemical dollars on the brain of those poor misguided sheiks in the desert.

But I guess Halliburton is in Dallas or close by. What do you want to bet that some of these jokers building this are flush with gov contract money from Iraq.

You just don't do something like that without some radically skewed view of money, energy, conservation etc.

I love the part about the environmentally friendly glacier (in Texas - hah).

Sorry for the threadjack. Color me blown away.

This is great!!! I'm going to sink my life savings and my retirement accounts into this Texas Resort. It is a guaranteed winner! I'm also going to buy stock in all the industrial refridgeration companies! Man, I'm going to be RICH!!!:freak3: :freak3: :freak3: :freak3:

I'm also going to buy stock in all the industrial refridgeration companies! Man, I'm going to be RICH!!!:freak3: :freak3: :freak3: :freak3:

...Except that the stuff used in the Dallas resort is just carpeting with water sprayed on it. No refrigeration required. This material has already been used in Europe, so it has been tested and is actually pretty good (according to the ir PR video :rolleyes:).

I love the part about the environmentally friendly glacier (in Texas - hah).

The fake glacier stuff for the climbing wall is basically going to be a regular climbing wall painted white, I can't find anything on the bearfire website about if its some fancy fake ice stuff.

Sorry about the threadjack, Jen, although I guess it is still technically on the topic of "summer time riding" ;)

Guest shrederjen

No worries on the threadjack....

If it ever gets built, it will still be fun to have a ski hill right next to my work!! Could be interesting trying to dig trenches in carpet.....

Glad to hear you are riding in August. You might give Bola a call at all board sports in Boulder 303-415-1600 because when I rode with him at Loveland in May he was talking about going to Chile or somewhere there in August too. Sorry I did'nt contact you about riding this last season. I had a big set back in January because I dislocated my shoulder simply by moving my right arm while riding. Had to have surgery in Febuary and was able to start riding again in May. May as well wreck both shouders- I wrecked my left one in 2003 on the same month-January and surgery in Febuary as well. Did the same damage to both-torn labrium. Am bike riding and long boarding this summer. have a good trip!