Note to New Members ×

Seismic Trucks and other Set info

Chubz

Has anyone tried or have the seismic trucks and what are their characteristics complared to other trucks?

Just trying to see what else is out there. I am currently on Randall II 180 with gumballs and love them, but the supplier I am going thru for my other boards I'm building is fresh out of those for his package deals.

Looking to better my knowledge for secondary and teriary set ups when my primary is unavailable.

Thanks

Greg

nice but noisy and expensive to tune....however the springs last longer than bushings do by far so the trade off is probably worth it. BTW the stable rear is a very good traction truck (rear) for Slalom boards

Guest needanswer
nice but noisy and expensive to tune....however the springs last longer than bushings do by far so the trade off is probably worth it. BTW the stable rear is a very good traction truck (rear) for Slalom boards

Gecko, have you tried Paris 180s? I think they're suppose to be like Randals except much higher quality (material & casting , hence lifetime guarantee) and allows a more stable deeper carve.

Chubz, you could contact the guys at paristruckco.com if you need an alternative to Randals.

Paris is supposed to be releasing their 180mm trucks in August I will probably buy a set sometime after then and then start hunting a speedboard...maybe a Fullbag or I may ask Andrew K to shape me a drop through. As much as I love my HC it isn't a speedboard and I am getting closer and closer to setting up a board to fix that jones

BTW Chubz have you looked at Mile High Mark's (MHM) add a deck bundles? they are a good deal...BTW I am a huge fan of MHM he is both knowledgeable and very good about getting product to his customers regardless of where they are ( I say this because he was the only guy who would ship to me in Japan at a FPO mailbox). I regularly order trucks, wheels, bearings and other hardware from him

I just got some stuff from them recently.

you realize that "Them" is Mark and his dog and that the "warehouses" are his garage and basement...that said he is very good at collecting and testing all manner of boards and wheels....in the beginning he carried a huge variety of equipment using the short(er) board stuff to help him sell the longer stuff....now that business has taken off he mostly stocks bigger boards and the hardware, wheels, trucks and such that go with them. BTW his "Franken Trucks" which improve Indy 169's and 215's with better baseplates, kingpins and bushings are amazing.

occasionally he gets help from another one or two denver residents, though one of 'em is banned from using the tape gun:D

if you saw my box you would know why, I wasn't kidding when I said it looked like a 3 toed sloth taped it together.

OT:What's your pressing schedule look like, I have an idea for a speedboard?

you realize that "Them" is Mark and his dog and that the "warehouses" are his garage and basement...that said he is very good at collecting and testing all manner of boards and wheels....in the beginning he carried a huge variety of equipment using the short(er) board stuff to help him sell the longer stuff....now that business has taken off he mostly stocks bigger boards and the hardware, wheels, trucks and such that go with them. BTW his "Franken Trucks" which improve Indy 169's and 215's with better baseplates, kingpins and bushings are amazing.

I have had the pleasure of skating with mark on a few occassions. He is a really great guy, and not unlike a crack dealer. He will bring a bunch of completes and lay them out on the grass, and let you ride them for as long as you want, no charge. Nice marketing strategy, and just a little on the evil side. I've been trying to convince Mark and a few of the the other mile high rollers to join me on the dark side.

mario

Personally??????

Once I finish building my first line of boards, I'm looking for other places to get the name out there besides local folks riding them and my website. Do you think he would be open to carrying an independent line of boards?

It will be about 1 month before I go "live", but looking to see what is out there.

I rode my first 46"-er today, that has more flex than my 40's, but it was a great cruiser, turner and bomber. Took a half run to get use to it, but I dug it. Can't wait to get some in other folks hands.

I will post pics once the website is launched.

Greg