Note to New Members ×

Week of vacation

pebu

Just spent a well deserved week of vacation in the upper peninsula. That was great. Played golf every day, went swimmin, went fishin, went sailin. Oh, it was awesome.

Headin back up there for a week at the end of this month/beginning of august. If anybody is in the Iron River, MI area at that time, maybe we'll have a beer.

Speaking of Iron River, anybody heard of Nick Baumgartner? My parents went to school with his parents and they live in the same neighborhood as my grandma, where I'll be staying. He wakeboards on my grandma's lake for practice I guess. Anyways, I just thought it was kinda cool that a world class snowboarder is from a familiar territory of mine.

See y'all later.

I love the UP also. Grew up in central wisconsin and my grandad owned half of bear island in apostle islands prior to becoming a national lakeshore park. We stayed there every summer at the log cabin and sailed all through lake superior. Awesome storms and northern lights. There is nothing like skiing the porcipine mtns and watching /listening to the ice crush on shore from the wind . Good times....

Jim

Yeah, I haven't had the chance to alpine any UP mountains. I guess the only ones I really know about are Ripley, the porkies, Bohemia, mt. marquette and ski brule. I know I could handle ski brule and ripley on an alpine and I know I CAN'T handle bohemia on an alpine (but it sure is an effin blast on softies). I've never been to the porkies or mt. marquette, I'd like to hit those up some time.