Note to New Members ×

Big Sky lodging

Buell

Does anyone have any info on lodging options in the Big Sky Resort area? Rebecca and I are looking into spending both January and February there this winter and are not quite up to paying $3500+ / month. Bozeman is of course a lower cost option, but the drive might get tiring (and expensive) day after day. We also have two dogs to make it more difficult.

Thanks, Buell

Sorry, buddy... I've got the apartment. :D You can have the broom closet. Can you sleep standing up? :eek:

Yep! Just wishfull thinking for Buell and Rebecca! I am getting a bit too old for floors and closets. But I can wish!

Love seeing young people "Going For It". Making plans for great adventures, travels. It will be what helps define their lives as they get older. They had a rough spell (extreme understatement inserted here) last season and they have my admiration for the "Bounce Back" and "Stick-to-itiveness" (word?).

I picture them out busting their humps on near 100 degree days dreaming of deep dry powder and smooth groomers! VISION!!

bjvircks, got your PM, thanks for the info.

Bryan, yes, first floor please! Just in case. :smashfrea Rough spell for us? Three out of four broken legs from snowboarding? And crazy enough to try another year.

The mid summer, "I miss the snow" shakes have set in. Start working out the details for the winter to keep ourselves a little more sane. Just one day off right now would be really nice, but it is nowhere in sight. Come on winter!

You guys are welcome to the bedroom / closet. ;) We store our boards in the living room in the winter so we can see them.:D

BIG MTN is incredibly cheap as far as rentals go. You can also get the cheap season pass price thru september this year it usually ends in may. I think you would save a ton between passes and rent. If you bring a car and don't mind a half hour drive winter season rentals out in the valley are even cheaper. Whitefish whatever the $%# they are calling it now winter resort.

Dr. D, thanks for the tip. I certainly know Big Mtn would be a lower cost and lower key option for us with great terrain and minimal crowds. Even our Garage snowboards could be near their maker. Having ridden for a week at Schweitzer in the fog however, Big Mtn's reputation for being foggy makes us a little leary of spending a couple of months there mid-winter. We really like good visibility. At this point, I have not heard of Big Sky having significant issues with fog, but I could be wrong. Storm days are fine, especially since they bring snow (although they can be a bit rough up here in the Northwest).

Take care, Buell

ITs a tossup for sure based on what one hears. however most days you would be above the fog at Big mtn. I suggest it because you would be around so long. if you were coming for a week that would be different. you also have the option of blacktail (great groom ) if its fogged on on the Big. Big sky didn't have snow coverage last year until early february so it was a rock board fest.

hard to know what to tell you based on last year down there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about! ;)

Unfortunately, as you might understand, there seems to be something of an addictive quality to snowboarding, no matter if it is groom or powder.

At the moment, we are back to thinking Utah again. We'll see.

Buell