Note to New Members ×

I gave in

Gleb

I'd say flex is more important but I'd really suggest getting the drop through model if you're going to want to skate around town with it or go really fast, it being low is real nice for both of those and being to high is the only thing I don't like about the vangaurd.

the drop through model is called the dervish and can be purchased here http://www.skatesonhaight.com/Loaded-longboards-Dervish-Board-Dropdown-p/lbvdd.htm

or for the preproduction model with gumballs on it http://www.loadedboards.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=7430614.12760*pd6LB8&product=SPECIALS

What happened to the carve stick or whatever?

the cracked skulls decks are totally different boards but are WAY cheaper, depends on how much you wanna spends and what type of performance you're looking for

like comparing a Madd to a Burton, both work but not equally

Guest needanswer

Bob,

how does the Dervish compare with the vanguard in terms of carving?

doesn't the drop-thru design make it less of a true carver?

From the design, I'm guessing that the Dervish carves faster and bigger radius and is less pumpable.

thanks.

I've not been on a dervish but the Van is just way high up there so I'd rather have a dervish for everything but railing mellow hills.

I'd bet it would be a little less pumpable, but again it's a trade of I'd take if I wanted to make beer runs on my board.

on another note I put my origional 150s on my vanguard, holy SH!T!

turny springboard that thing became!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gleb, me and a few other guys are going to be riding Mt. Greylock in NW Mass. sometime later this summer. Interested in tagging along with your Dervish? It's pretty steep in some spots, I'm not sure we'll be able to do all of it, but whatever we can do should be fun.

3265.jpg

(no im not into whatever these people are doing, it just happened to be a good picture of the road so i yoinked it from the internet)

man, greylock would be sick except it is steep in spot and tourons scare the ever living hell out of me when driving anyway nevermind when I am heading straight for them at 30 mph with nothing but some denim to protect me from their cars

oh man, that looks sweet!! I'll be also getting a landyachtz deck with dh trucks to use, along with a full set of pads and gloves. Let me know when you guys are doing it. I'll bring my tin foil so we can cover ourselves for protection.