Note to New Members ×

Calling to all dirt riders! Even Husqvarna fan, too.

LeeW

hey, im curious on what's yoru terrain is like? mine is the other side of Vail. Man, single track, and quite technical (woodsy type). 6 hours. my ass' so sore. brake line's leaking -- might have to order steel brake line instead for the front. so i had hard time negotiating the terrain without the front brake. i wonder if KTM's brembo line will work just fine with husky bikes' brembo too ? (2001 model)

Speedzilla -- did you get that husky 'tard ?

Just lots of fireroads around here, not much in the way of singletrack for the motorcycle enthusiasts, most of the singletrack around here is dedicated mtn biking, equestrian and hikers. There is a huge singletrack network in the Southern section of the Sierra Nevadas that I am itchin to try out. The only problem is when I am heading up to that neck of the woods I usually am packing a fly rod with me instead of my KLR650

Hmm, speaking of fly fishing, i've thought about purchasing that compact fishing pole, so i could go fishing out in remote area up in Grand Mesa (10,000 feet plateau) out near grand junction and ride my bike to get there. maybe you should give it a shot? luckily, i only do catch-and-release that i dont have to worry about packing in the fish and toss 'em in me backpack.

Haven't road a "Ripper" bike much in years. Husky CR250 was my last "Woods" bike. That should date me. Last of the air cooled. Didn't have leaking brake lines to worry about, just piss poor red clay brakes that went away on the first water hole (and that was pretty regular) I was wantin a new KTM when I descided to give it up. PNW used to have a great variety of terrain, it was always a dance between conservatives and ATV groups. ATV typically lost due to serious lack of organizational skills. Coming off the bike got to hurtin a bit more than I liked. Found snowboarding!!!

Lee, I am also a C&R guy, unless my mom starts begging for some fresh trout then I will go to one of the local mtn lakes and pick up a few stockers for din din.

I do have a breakdown 4 piece rod that I strap to my motorcycle and zip in to some of the remote places here in Southern Cal. I would take my bike to the sierras but would have to trailer it up there. I rode it to Phoenix one time and that was enough. I put some slicks on it along with a smaller sprocket, it still buzzed the hell out of my hands. Ya gotta love a single cylinder 650 for smoothness, not!!

hey, im curious on what's yoru terrain is like? mine is the other side of Vail. Man, single track, and quite technical (woodsy type). 6 hours. my ass' so sore. brake line's leaking -- might have to order steel brake line instead for the front. so i had hard time negotiating the terrain without the front brake. i wonder if KTM's brembo line will work just fine with husky bikes' brembo too ? (2001 model)

Speedzilla -- did you get that husky 'tard ?

sounds like you're sitting to much!

lots of single track over here too, some four wheeler trails that can be avoided fairly easily. I raced Upton last weekend and that was some fun riding, tight single track and not to rocky, the only bad points were the 98 degree heat and the constant dust cloud. still haven't heard how I finished. Until I hear differently I think I won!! (except for the guy on my minute that I could only hold his wheel for about 10 seconds. and the other guy that was two minutes behind me and passed me in every test. other than those two I think I won....hands down).

The boss is giving us thursday and friday off this week also, I think that I may go and ride the Grizzly-Helena trail and maybe spend a day or two around Fox Park. Haven't ridden at either area yet.

i just got one guy who is as stupid as I am, he committed to the Griz with me on Friday. :eplus2:

Haven't road a "Ripper" bike much in years. Husky CR250 was my last "Woods" bike. That should date me. Last of the air cooled. Didn't have leaking brake lines to worry about, just piss poor red clay brakes that went away on the first water hole (and that was pretty regular) I was wantin a new KTM when I descided to give it up. PNW used to have a great variety of terrain, it was always a dance between conservatives and ATV groups. ATV typically lost due to serious lack of organizational skills. Coming off the bike got to hurtin a bit more than I liked. Found snowboarding!!!

btw, my bike is a 2001 CR250 bike. :biggthump

yeah, on 21st/22nd, ill be gone to monticello, utah for Webe's Hare Scrambles race. You wanna go? :)

Sounds like a lot of fun. I just can't justify the 16 hours of driving.

Snowshoe Enduro is a possibility in August. I am also going to the Terry Peak HS August 19.

ah, RMEC. Yeah, Im looking at Snowshoe. Last summer, I was cursing when I found out it was being held in Uncompahgre plateau the same weekend as WORCS at Washington state (I was already in WA at the time). SO this time, I ain't going to WA (as much as I miss my friends and the likes, but dude -- backyard of my 2nd home? Im going!). Cool... we'll work that out. And Terry Peak, yeah, Ive heard of it tho Ive never heard of it as a ski area. Im going to Angel Fire ski resort this weekend for Webe hare scramble too. :biggthump

16 hours? How did you compute that? It takes me roughly 5 hours from here to GJ and then GJ to Monticello, UT.

I've got 4-5 hours of driving to get to GJ, then I figured 4 more to Monticello. got to drive the route twice, my dog would not be happy if I didn't come back.

I don't think the Terry Peak race is that exciting. It is the area where I'm from and I will be using the race as an excuse to see the folks and spend time at the family cabin.