Note to New Members ×

Triple Bypass

Kent

I'm making my annual summer trip out to Colorado to ride in the Triple again.

If any BOLers are around, post a note and perhaps we can carbo-load (i.e. drink beer).

It's been a season plaqued with injury, do it will be a casually paced Triple this year.

K

Good on ya Kent! I haven't even looked at my road bike since my weather related meltdown last year, I was so wet and cold coming down squaw that I started shaking uncontrollably any time I got over 20mph.

give me a yell @303-210-9742 and we'll try and make something happen.

mario

Kent,

Right on, great ride. If you are in the area for a few more days, let me know and I'll see if I can join you for a ride. Come on up to Summit County and I'll take you on the Iron Triangle :biggthump

Good luck!

Kent,

Right on, great ride. If you are in the area for a few more days, let me know and I'll see if I can join you for a ride. Come on up to Summit County and I'll take you on the Iron Triangle :biggthump

Good luck!

It took a lot of convincing my girlfriend to drive (to bring a few bikes), but it appears if I hook her up for a day at Vail Spa, that I can break free.

Sunday we are climbing Mt. Evan's (road, of course) or hitting up some single track (mtb, of course). I'll shoot you a note!

Kent,

We have a Mnt Bike group ride going down on Sunday if you would like to join? Planning on doing a big, long, fat one. What ever you do, make sure your riding is up in the Mnts as the temps in Denver are going to be close to 100F this weekend.

Drop me a line soon and I can give you the details on the Sunday ride.

Kent,

If you are still in town and looking for a GREAT mnt bike race, you should do the Firecracker 50 this Wednesday in Breckenridge. It is an amazing race with some of the best single track in Colorado. You can sign-up here:

http://www.mavsports.com/?id=8

Big field and you can run the whole 50 miles ( I did one year......ONE year:freak3: ) or do as a team (one lap each). Huge BBQ afterwards. I can give you more details if you are interested. I am doing as a team with a friend so I will be at the first lap.

Don't worry, the highest you climb is about 11,000 ft, plenty of air :eplus2:

Fin, I hope you had fun.I just read on velonews.com that Jay Henry won the jersey and Mike Janelle got 5th.Two of the coolest guys I ever rode with when living in Vail. I miss the riding down there but gotta say there is no shortage of epic rides road or mountain up here.

Ended up getting third in the Expert Men Team category, but my personal goal was to beat my last time. Did do that but by only 1 minute. If I am going to get older every year then at least let me get faster!

The funny part was we go up to the podium for the award and the two teams that beat us must have been maybe 17 to 18 years old. My friend Kurt and I looked like their dad's up there with them :o .

Steve: Jay Henry has always been a force at the Firecracker 50 and this year was no different. Lots of talent this year as they made it a Norba Nationals event. Had over 700 racers for the day.

Fin,The best thing about getting older is keeping up with and even beating people young enough to be our kids.Maybe we aren't so much faster as smarter in our old age...At 42 I am occasionally posting p.r. times in tt distances I started doing 20 years ago.Congrats on 3rd at the FC 50!