Note to New Members ×

Thinking of buying a longboard

Skalpel

Hello all...

I really miss winter and carving... Lately I've been looking into longboarding and am now thinking of giving it a go.

In Slovenia, Europe, where I live, longboards aren't that popular, so I'll probably order online. I'm totaly new o this so any help would be great. I would use the longboard for city cruzing and for some small hills around here...

And I would also like to have keep the prize as low as possible...

Thanks..

I have been told that Loaded Vanguards feel as close to a snowboard as a conventional 4 wheel skateboard can feel but Loadeds aren't cheap at all. So I would look up Gravity skateboards and depending on your size buy a Hyper Carve or Mini Carve complete, Randals Carve better than Trackers and are worth the money, Ice white or Ice blue Fu's are great wheels for the money.

:biggthump

Thank you all, for your replys... I've checked the boards you mentioned and decided to go with the Gravity Hypercarve. I've read a couple of reviews, saw a few videos and stuff, and I really like it. And it looks great. Now I've just have to save up a few bucks and go and order it :)

cheers

I've just seen, that at our local skateboard shop, they sell Sector 9 longboards. Are they any good? I can get a complete set for roughly 20€ less then on the internet...

Are they worth having, and how are they for city travel?

relatively speaking the boards are about the same...I prefer having a tail as opposed to a pin shape, Wheels wise Gravity and Sector nine are equal again, whoever is pouring the GOS and Bombhills wheels it doing a fantastic job. Bearings in both boards are about equal not great OEM bearings like NeverSummer has but good. The part that Gravity is better is in trucks whether Trackers or Randals both are better than the POS junk Gullwings that Sector 9 specs on their boards. Gravity also uses awesome griptape but that's a realy minor issue. All things being equal I would spend more for good trucks since they will out last the board (and probably the next 2-3 boards afterwards)

I have been told that Loaded Vanguards feel as close to a snowboard as a conventional 4 wheel skateboard can feel but Loadeds aren't cheap at all. So I would look up Gravity skateboards and depending on your size buy a Hyper Carve or Mini Carve complete, Randals Carve better than Trackers and are worth the money, Ice white or Ice blue Fu's are great wheels for the money.

if you have money to burn I'd get the loaded, it does have quite the snowboard feel, I have a vagaurd, the only thing I don't like about it is the height, they have a drop through model now and that's the one I'd get if I were to buy a loaded these days.

I have a gravity that I like a real lot too but it's not nearly as dreamy to carve on like the Loaded but at half the price it's hard to say that I'd not reccomend gravity's stuff

Randalls sure are nice, I've been on a few other types of trucks and I like the randalls the best all around so far but I'm no authority skate gear