Note to New Members ×

PGS Returning To 2008 World Cup At Lake Placid

gburgess

Great news for all who love Alpine Snowboard racing. The PGS will be eturning to the 2008 World Cup being held at Lake Placid.

Story found at link below.

http://www.nessg.com/wcreturnstony2008.shtml

For those who want to keep it coming back you may want to consider sending a thank you e-mail to Marcel Looze FIS Snowboard Race Director looze@fisski.ch, Juliann Fritz, USSA Public Relations Director jfritz@ussa.org, and Jim Goff, ORDA Director of Events jgoff@orda.org

If nothing else, if enough of us let them know we support the move, it may help encourage all involved to continue the practice beyond 2008.

For those of you who have not seen racing at the World Cup Level,

you must try to get out and see these guys... Your perception of fast riding will be changed forever.

I was fortunate enough to attend the race both times it has been at Lake Placid, and will be there again in March!

I know, I know...note the "freak3" smilie at the end of my post. Just giving you grief! The NorAms are about as high as I'll ever go comp-wise. When do you make the leap to USASA Legends? Or are you thinking about going Open? Railey did, and Mario and I talked about it at Northstar this year. Just to race against better racers to raise our game a bit.

WC- i raced open class when i was still almost fast.... as noah has stated, now may be the time for me to go out, and really start to coach my 9 athletes on my team.. i know they deserve 100% and that's hard to do when you have training for yourself on the brain!

we'll see what happens when the snow falls again... if i'm on kesslers, it's GAME ON!

peace.

WC- i raced open class when i was still almost fast.... as noah has stated, now may be the time for me to go out, and really start to coach my 9 athletes on my team.. i know they deserve 100% and that's hard to do when you have training for yourself on the brain!

we'll see what happens when the snow falls again... if i'm on kesslers, it's GAME ON!

peace.

Yeah, it's hard for me to think of racing without doing it as a totally commited program too, but I'm thinking next year maybe just my home series races (2 SL / 2 GS), local Thursday Ski Club GS, and then Copper. Hey we're both PQ in at least one event for next year. I'd stay in the age group if I backed it off like that...I bagged the kayak racing this summer because competing and training in two sportrs 12 months a year became too much - hoping to re-charge the batteries, and the bank account! Heck, I can get TWO Kesslers if I sell this stupid racing kayak...like you said, we'll see.

• 5 months later...

peace.

So........is it game on?

I ended up skateboard slalom racing all summer (first time in 22 years)...had the time of my life!

I'm still on the same equipment as last year, so I'm going to do Legends again. Looking forward to getting back to going around colored plastic thingys...it's been three months.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy and success-filled season to you and all your charges! :biggthump