Note to New Members ×

Google Earth shot of a plane in flight-

C5 Golfer

that's cool, did you find that?

I wonder if Northwest Airlines knows what NWA really stands for :D

No I did not find that.. a friend sent it to me.

I have google earthed my house and I see the day they took the photo I had one of my cars out front with a car cover over it and it looks like I just mowed the lawn.

So what does NWA stand for?

Its an old rap group from back in the day...N.W.A

Not so PC, but it stood for Niggas With Attitude. They were around when Public Enemy was just getting started and the old schoolers like Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash were kind of on the way out. The group included a lot of names you may recognize like Dr. Dre, Easy-E, and Ice Cube.

Cool! It makes me laugh whenever I hear someone say that something is "big enough to see from space". My frickin' bicycle is big enough to see from space these days, and you could just about tell whether it's a mountain bike or road bike. (OK, I have one of each, but you know what I mean).

thats cool.

that plane shot is not to far from where i live. probably passed over bob dodds house.

wait... that plane flew over my house!!! we live under the flight path. if you follow the plane's path it takes it over crytal lake. i live straight north of the tiny spec of an island, about 1-2 blocks.

if you pan west you can see buck hill. you can see whats left of the snow melting.

thanks for flying NWA!

Guest jeffrey1knee

yes, very cool pic... the flight path is in the vicinity of my home too.

bob, do you work for nwa? i swam in crystal lake yesterday... forgot my skate shoes and happened by the beach area on my home. i'm still finding all treasures the south TC has to offer. it was fun to wade out while looking at buck hill.

yes, very cool pic... the flight path is in the vicinity of my home too.

bob, do you work for nwa? i swam in crystal lake yesterday... forgot my skate shoes and happened by the beach area on my home. i'm still finding all treasures the south TC has to offer. it was fun to wade out while looking at buck hill.

no, i work on the corner of yankee doodle and pilot knob in that big brown building with the blue sign and a star. here's another hint: its a two syllable name and the peace activists are always picketing us.

crystal lake beach is on my skateboard route. how was the water? a better beach is little beach which is visible when you look towards buck. its hard to get to it but if you know where the frontage road is that follows 35W, there's a small parking lot. follow the trail. its a long trail. you'll arrive at little beach. its the only place where boaters are allowed to beach their boats. the only problem is sometimes idiots break beer bottles and leave the glass in the sand. wear sandles.

i like lake marion over crystal. its south in lakeville. it has a better beach. it doesn't smell like crystal. all the rotting weeds is stinking up the area.

Guest jeffrey1knee

The water was comfortable, and yes, a little stinky - I just didn't want to say anything that might offend. Thanks for the tip on Little B and Marion, I'll check them both out.

The water was comfortable, and yes, a little stinky - I just didn't want to say anything that might offend. Thanks for the tip on Little B and Marion, I'll check them both out.

Don't know what you guys are talking about with all the local code speak. I do like the shot of the plane.

Oh yeah and the other thing, I know you are new (Welcome) here but get over the fear of offending thing. What is really cool is when you get banned for a while and then get to come back.

Does anyone know how to make a movie of your Google Earth trip path??

Sometimes when you are scrolling down a river or something it almost looks like you are flying and that is what I want to try to record.

Guest jeffrey1knee

I've got to atleast get 50 posts before I get kicked off... btw, I wasnt' really worried about offending anyone other than bob - I didn't know if he lived on and loved Crystal lake. I've been trying to get the guy to meet up and skate sometime for a while now and I didn't want to blow it with a 'man, your lake made me stink like @$$' comment. Does faking curse words get me a step closer to the boot?? :flamethro

Don't know what you guys are talking about with all the local code speak. I do like the shot of the plane.

Oh yeah and the other thing, I know you are new (Welcome) here but get over the fear of offending thing. What is really cool is when you get banned for a while and then get to come back.

i think what jeff meant was he didn't want to offend the locals that frequent this forum. there's quite a few. he just moved to minnesota from the west coast.

the lake near here smells like sauerkraut today.

edit: looks like jeff posted before i realized he was on.

i think what jeff meant was he didn't want to offend the locals that frequent this forum. there's quite a few. he just moved to minnesota from the west coast.

the lake near here smells like sauerkraut today.

edit: looks like jeff posted before i realized he was on.

I know we have lots of Minnesotans on here and he was just being diplomatic. Do you take the hibachi down by the lake and cook up some brats to complete the experience?

I've been trying to get the guy to meet up and skate sometime for a while now and I didn't want to blow it with a 'man, your lake made me stink like @$$' comment. Does faking curse words get me a step closer to the boot??
That's the spirit.

BTW we have tons of Minnesota folks around here due to our semi-pro hockey team being located at a ski resort. Some guy named George Gund sponsors the team, and not being an NHL fan not sure of his background but he has owned a couple of different teams.

I also taught snowboarding to an editor from the Star Tribune ?? a while back when I was at Big Mountain. The Big and the whole snowboarding experience was prominently featured in the travel section of the Sunday paper.

That is all the Minnesota connections I have.

Guest jeffrey1knee

I rode at Big Mountain for 3 days with my arm in a sling (dislocated my elbow on the last run of the first day) - and now live in MN... there's another connection for you!

I LOVED Big Mountain. We had some spring package deal and rode 4 days, stayed 4 nights in the Hibernation House, and had 4 breakfasts for like $150... unreal! Also enjoyed many Black Star brews per a locals suggestion.

I tell ya, I love that map site. I love finding famouse places and zooming in on them and just seeing the crazy details. Of course, I'm easily amused, but still...