Note to New Members ×

topsheet film to stop snow buildup?

bjvircks

Very cool. Not sure exactly how useful it is on a carver, but it makes sense for powder riding. Pogo makes some boards with waxable P-tex topsheets, same principle i think.

edit: I just made out the fancy "RadAir" logo. is that board a tanker? what vintage? looks pretty cool.

"aromatic"?

Aromatic refers to a specific group of hydrocarbons (such as benzene) used in the manufacture of many plastic resins. The 'aromatic' name is because they actually have a rather strong but not "bad" odour.

I just looked at the title of this post. I don't believe the idea is to provide a film to add to a snowboard. Dureflex (TPU) is actually used as the topsheet itself.

Dureflex (TPU) is actually used as the topsheet itself.

bingo... I posted this so that board fabricators might see it.

about the 'aromatic'.... I figured anyone who knew about materials already knows the meaning and those who didn't wouldn't need to.

Very cool. Not sure exactly how useful it is on a carver, but it makes sense for powder riding. Pogo makes some boards with waxable P-tex topsheets, same principle i think.

edit: I just made out the fancy "RadAir" logo. is that board a tanker? what vintage? looks pretty cool.

POW, I am pretty sure that is is a rad-air Individual from 03-04.

• 2 weeks later...
Aromatic refers to a specific group of hydrocarbons (such as benzene) used in the manufacture of many plastic resins. The 'aromatic' name is because they actually have a rather strong but not "bad" odour.

Wow, I do not miss organic chemistry for a second! You brought back a flood of horrific memories from last year's summer class.

Last year, on a particularly sticky snow day, I kept getting snow stuck in my Catek step ins. Is there anything that prevents build up on the boot or binding? It would seriously take me like 5+ minutes to step into the bindings.

I really really really REALLY wish both bomber and catek would go to teflon coating for the intec receivers, like F2. I never had snow stick on those binders.

Im sure there's a reason they dont use it, but it sure seemed to work well, and hold up well, on the F2 stuff.

The recievers on my Cateks are teflon coated. Both the set I bought as an upgrade last year and the set that came with my used OS1s. That makes me assume that they have been doing it for a while. Now, getting the snow off and out from the rest of the binding, that's a different story.