Note to New Members ×

Name My Cat

sfleck

You gotta be kidding me, I'm the one posting this name suggestion :p

CATek

Talk all you want, Head Honcho, I'm sure you and Jeff are really close friends and you talk to each other when developping you products to create an oligopoly in the hardboot bindings industry...:eplus2:

Our younger cat is named after my favorite vintage roadbike marque,Masi.Our older cat ,Ernie, came from the shelter in Eagle,Colorado with a doghouse shaped litterbox cover that had 'Ernest Hemmingway' spelled out in seashells over the entrance.His previous family all cried when they brought him in at 11 years old because of a new baby.He is now 16 years old and still as cool as ever and great with our kids.Each respond to their own names,(even the kids)but it definitely helps having the "eee" sound at the end of a cat name to get a response. That said ,how about "Fakie"?

At first our guy was going to be "Cannonball" (Cannon for short), but it didn't really suit him. Since he's such a troublemaker, Gremlin just kinda popped into our heads and it stuck.

Yep, I was going to name my two Moxie and Mojo - Moxie would have been a good name for Pika, she's full of sass, but Mojo didn't work for Sam. He's totally a Sam.

My others have been Pepsi-Cola, Tipo (named after the Fiat car when I was in the Fiat car club) and Snuffaluffagus (I was seven, okay??).

Carver is taken. I can't believe my girlfriend let me use that one. It's kinda cool 'cause it's a black cat and so I also claim he's named after George Washington Carver, an underappreciated American inventor. Think peanuts.

He also has a twin brother and the two of them slither around such that I refer to them as Flotsam and Jetsam. Think "Little Mermaid".

I had a cat named Grommet. He was awesome, would go on hikes with me up to a mile. Once he got tired he would just stop and wait for you to come back. Would camp with me too.

He left when I went out of town for two weeks to find my wife, guess he didn't want to share.

Still a great name.

For those of you interested in keeping tabs on your feline friends, we have been using a product called "Loc8tor". We have been using this for a few months now and we are very happy with it. It is a two part device. There is a hand held pad about the size of a palm pilot, and small transmitter worn by the animal.

The manufacturer claims a range of 600 feet line of sight with no obstructions. We have not seen that range, but it does a good job of covering our street. It dramatically shortens the time it takes to find our cats when it is time to close up shop for the night. Check the web page if you are interested.

http://www.loc8tor.com/introducing-loc8tor.asp

post-3847-141842233277_thumb.jpg

...or get eaten...

That is why we have the loc8tor. We lost 3 cats to coyotes in the past year. We lost the last one about three weeks ago. We found the collar. We are now a little more diligent about getting every one in at night.