Note to New Members ×

Loaded Slide Gloves

Terryw

I just noticed that Bomber now carries some bitchin looking slide gloves. Has anybody tried these? Are they as cool as they look? I am buying some new protective gear and these look like they should be on my list!

I have a pair, and I like 'em. I've got nothing to compare them too though. The hardcore slide guys will tell you that the pucks are not burley enough, and will wear out fast. I don't do any serious sliding, I just wear them "just in case" when I slalom, or go fast on any other board.

The single puck on the fingers is kinda weird too. Easy to cut the puck into as many pieces as you would like though, or make new ones...

That is exactly what I am looking for. It is really hard to slide out the carve board. But every once in a while I do manage to get a hand down on the pavement. My current wrist protectors tend to really slow my hand, rather than letting it slide.

How hard is it to replace the pucks? Do you just chop up cutting boards and glue velcrow on the back?

How hard is it to replace the pucks? Do you just chop up cutting boards and glue velcrow on the back?

Yup, it's easy. Cutting boards work, other stuff too, I don't remember the names of it though, check silverfish, or NCDSA. You don't have to glue the velcro either, just buy the industrial strength stuff that already has the glue backing.

If you're just using them for protection while riding the Carveboard, they'll probably last forever....

Those little Corian (sp?) countertop samples work great too!

Thats a great idea! You don't even have to cut them up, and I bet it would be easy to get them for free. Gotta support Bomber in the Summer and buy some of those gloves :biggthump .

Thats a great idea! You don't even have to cut them up, and I bet it would be easy to get them for free. Gotta support Bomber in the Summer and buy some of those gloves :biggthump .

Get the ones that are about 2 1/2 inches square - get two for each hand - and you can keep some articulation in the palm area.