Note to New Members ×

One Mans Junk Another Mans Treasure

eastcoasticerider

Helping old friends move the other day(major move,lake effect erie region to hot humid atlanta...yuch) another empty nest baby boomer couple gone south along with the jobs and married children.......anyhow......while filling the moving van and taking trash out to the curb......a large box with an old Gilberts Erector Set on top.....the old packaging design from the late 50,s early 60,s was too cool I had to at least rescue the metal box..so they made me take the whole box of crap that came with it..anyhow when I got home and after the activities of the day when my darling contol freak wife wanted the ugly box out of the living room.......i checked out the contents......2 complete Lionel "0" gauge trainsets complete with track and trestles......cool beans......photos to come before i wrap it . I guess the logarithm you use to determine the size of your moving van truckspace is: 3 bedrooms x an attic full of crap x a basement full of crapp x 25 years of memories and 2 kids.

I hope i never have to move somewhere that doesnt get decent snow.

does whistler have a geezer old folks home?