Note to New Members ×

t-line 5-21

P06781

Yea, tomorrow should be nice Eric. It was snowing hard at the lodge and the mile and palmer were closed so I hiked it up to the mile for some exercise. I rode down on the west side of the mile and it was pretty good pow from the 1/2 way mark. The upper part was windblown in waves. I bet it settled nice and smooth over in the trough of zig-zag. If you head up tomorrow take some pics to show me.

Jim

post-219-141842232776_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842232778_thumb.jpg

post-219-14184223278_thumb.jpg

Fun today, about 1" of groomed corn, velcro by 11. Palmer was closed, be closed tomorrow too. Finally got on the Virus, dont know why I was so scared of it. More friendly then I thought a 17.1 cm waist would be. Back up tomorrow :D

Sorry, I spaced your number and left it in the car (in my laptop). Hope you guys had a good time, it was pretty nice today. Saw a lot of HBer's out there, talked to about a half dozen racers while riding the lifts. Guy wth a Kesseler that had a sick tip. Looked like the tail of an all mt carver, wild! :eek:

Climbed MtHood last friday using approach skiis, crampons, and carried the Tanker. Saw 2 other people on split-boards and really liked the setups. Using skins on approach skiis or a splitboard is so much easier than anything I have used before. I will be seriously looking for a splitboard over the summer . Only if Radair would make a Tanker version. The snow on zigzag glacier was awsome yet because of new stuff from earlier in the week really smoothing things out. I may try again next week on my day off . You really could have snowboarded from the summit pretty easily because it was nice and soft with not one track and every was going around the pearly gates. I chickened out and rode down from the hogsback, oh well next time.

Never saw Galen but noticed some carve marks on the mile.

Jim

post-219-141842232811_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842232813_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842232815_thumb.jpg