Note to New Members ×

Help pricing older snowboard

Guest fr8pmp

Guest fr8pmp

Hey everyone!!! i am new to this forum and i am not a snowboarder i used to surf a lot when i lived in ca.........anyhow i recently aqqired a burton snowboard and i am wanting to find out what its worth if not much i will just hang on the wall of my shop for decoration here are the specs ....some please help

burton factory prime 7.1-200s

1710mm?

lenth 151

150 nose

50 tail

People still ride and LOVE! FPs. It will depend on the year and condition. (Top damage, base damage, is it concave?, etc.) Pic.s would help alot to determine year and condition. There are people here that have every Burton catalog ever created. With a pic.they could tell you the year, specs.,etc. Once you have that info it's what the market will bear. I would rename the thread 7.1 FP

Chris Klug sells old burton boards on his site - I think he was selling FPs at $175...but he didn't have and longer boards. boards over 170 usually are worth a little more. Can't guess a value without seeing it though. need to know what year and what condition.

probably not they'll all sit around quietly and try to snipe each other at the last minute:lol: and then we'll hear a thread or two from tex whining about ebay auctions being posted for all to see:lol:

edited for politeness...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shouldn't torment you I'm sorry:ices_ange

When are you gonna pack up and come west? howz about Big mtn in January?

check out the Bigmtn expression session thread.:biggthump

Can you tell me what I would need (other than boots, of course) to make use of those bindings? Are there heels or something of the nature required?

Thanks-

Brad

Just snowboard boots and from the looks of the pics one more screw in each binder......

They are spring loaded like a rat trap and the heel locks up when you step down on the heel plate, you then push a level to reset.

That's where I was going with my previous question-

Initially I thought the bails were just the step-in and force on the toe piece.

It looks to me that some type of additional device might be needed to secure the heel.

Honestly, I am a 20-year softbooter and although I own a few 5-hole alpine Burtons with the old rat-traps, as well as a pair of MGX's, I haven't had enough faith in them to use them. I know little about the hard-boot setups and step-ins. This is why I wanted to clarify what I need to use these bindings.

Any additional info would be helpful.

Thanks-

Brad

I thought they were rat trap style, too, but whats with the metal hooks on the side (where intec pins would be on an intec heel)?

I have those same bindings. I assumed they were rat-traps. The metal hooks are actually what holds the heel bail up when it is set (just before stepping in). There are cams on the ends of the bails which go into those cutouts. They don't really bother anything, except sometimes when you have your board in the trunk or something they'll catch on stuff.