Note to New Members ×

The Summertime I'm Bored Superthread attempt

tex1230

I have to go to my wifes family reunion in a few weeks.Me and the kids calll it SlovakFest.Its like Polish Fest only slower....ha..ha...
:nono: :D :D

You are treading on dangerous ground here mister...so are you heading to the coalies??? I have a boatload of relatives in the hazelton area. Pre ellis island last name: Vasko

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just removed the oil fired water heater from my father's basement. The darn thing was so heavy (when empty) we had to be three to move it up the stairs. When we removed the pipes, some black goo got out, it was disgusting. I think my father was way overdue to change it.

Just bought son's first surfboard (a 6' softy) on ebay.

Built a Boogie board from one of Morey's early kits - 30+ (?) years ago. Still have that original sponge.

Wife applying for jobs in Toronto and Vermont. Few waves but WAY more snow than NC.

One way or another, it's time to ride!

Yes you can. I've successfully used epoxy and superglue on delrin rod. I use it in pipe making.

I also like cigars. I'm smoking one now.

True -- but do you realize that the bond of the two materials is around 4-6% of the shear strength of the base material Delrin? Usually any temperature change with two dissimilar materials will break that bond just thru coefficient of thermal expansion. And you are smoking delrin-- is that a good thing for your lungs?

Just as an experiment bond your delrin rod to an aluminum plate and after the bond cures, stick the assembly in your freezer. Check it after an hour so. Betcha you have two parts again.

I'm in Vermont right now :biggthump I hope you don't have to move though. Even if you'll have a mountain fifteen minutes away you will still be living in the middle of nowhere. Maybe that is what you are looking for after Sacramento but I like being close to good airports and ethnic foods. Also, driving two hours to get to Tahoe is totally worth the terrain and snow conditions compared to fifteen minutes for dirt. (sorry bad season)

What the post was ACTUALLY about and to stay in line with the thread (sorry) is that as of twenty minutes ago I am now done with the Spring Semester. :cool: and happy happy happy

If we move to Vermont, it'll be to North Bennington or Shaftsbury. We kinda like being out in the middle of nowhere. Much prefer it to the more crowded city life.

Considering the application I use delrin with, I'm either bonding it to briar (the root burl of a heath tree) or to lucite or vulcanite. I haven't had any trouble with it coming apart. The delrin is acting as the tenon or a mortise lining in a mortise-tenon joint in the shank of the pipe. Works great in that application. I find the superglue that I use (one of the industrial varieties) to work well.

If we move to Vermont, it'll be to North Bennington or Shaftsbury. We kinda like being out in the middle of nowhere. Much prefer it to the more crowded city life.

Considering the application I use delrin with, I'm either bonding it to briar (the root burl of a heath tree) or to lucite or vulcanite. I haven't had any trouble with it coming apart. The delrin is acting as the tenon or a mortise lining in a mortise-tenon joint in the shank of the pipe. Works great in that application. I find the superglue that I use (one of the industrial varieties) to work well.

I like being out in the country alot, I grew up in conditions like that (until the recent population boom in my home area) and then I moved to the city end of March...between the cityness and the culture differences here, I just can't take it and I'm leaving at the end of the semester (June 8th) and heading back to New England to finish school. We'll have to hook up and ride this winter...and get out on some mountain bikes all year round!

I had a date (sort of) last night, and i just ate 2 pop-tarts. Im drawing a carwash that will be built out of plastic (Royal Wall Building Systems).

I'm going to live at home as long as i can. I'll be 30 :( in December.

Hey George,

Have you seen "Failure to Launch? - 2006 movie? :lurk::biggthump

I'm going to live at home as long as i can. I'll be 30 :( in December.

don't you always live at home? I know I live in my home...It's not the same Home I grew up in, or even my parents home. I have had many homes over the years...