Note to New Members ×

Fun Fun Fun!!

RDY_2_Carve

Well I've talked about it before...my brother in law finally made a video (it's decent but not great):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waPrPDNKM2I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waPrPDNKM2I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Indian School Ditch in Albuquerque, NM

The video doesn't do the ditch any justice as far as speed. 40+mph is there if you want to go that route!

We do runs and shuttle back to the top (take turns driving the car). The runs we do are ~ 1.8miles.

If you ever are coming this way hit me up and we'll make some turns!

• 1 year later...

A certain BOL member by the name of Tom Palka decided to take a slight detour on his way back from Texas to ride Indian School with me. Tom made a small video and put it on his www.snowycolorado.com site.

I know there are numerous longboarders here on BOL and my offer still stands for any BOL'ers: Just get to Albuquerque and I'll guarantee you one of the best times on a skateboard you'll ever have!

My PM is always enabled.

Thanks Tom for looking me up and taking care of us every time we come up to Salida and Ski Monarch. I hope to see you and Lisa again soon!

I'll be at Taos Sunday for a bootfit and to ride the limited terrain they have.

Wolf Creek, CO is now 100% open including the Alberta lift and the waterfall area. Perhaps a road trip is in order?!?! Maybe you'll let me demo that pow stick?? :biggthump

There's starting to be more videos of Indian School on You Tube. I can never seem to get great footage because quite frankly it's more fun to ride, but these guys pulled off a nice vid of about 1.5miles of turns:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSg3CyY3RIo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSg3CyY3RIo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We start a bit further up than these guys started but we always stop at that same spot. It's a perfect run! Then shuttle back up to the top!

whoa - what a sight, nice video. I can see a LB pilgrimage to Albuquerque in my future. Very smooth looking - do those step-like things come up very suddenly?

You see them coming from far away so they normally aren't an issue.

The guys in the video above seemed to want to press their luck going in between them and such...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get over that. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way watchin those vids. I bought my first skateboard (pin tail long board) ever this last September and love it. I don't have anything like that ditch around here though but I'm looking.

Thanks for the ride.

I can't get over that. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way watchin those vids. I bought my first skateboard (pin tail long board) ever this last September and love it. I don't have anything like that ditch around here though but I'm looking.

Thanks for the ride.

Hey chippermon - not sure what the area is like around you, but I hear there are some wild parking garages somewhere north of us. Our's is near perfect - down in Waterbury CT, there's a garage that's 6 stories complete with elevator, and is seldomly used except for event parking. Hope you can find something similar in your area. JP