Note to New Members ×

First Motorcycle

kirtap

tex and gecko, how far are you riding in? my ride is about 40 miles round trip.

i thought for sure i was going to get rained on last night since i wore my mesh jacket in with no liners.

for the winter i made my own "hippo hands" they keep your hands warm especially with the heated grips. they are a bit cumbersome but so are numb hands. after riding the bike in the cold snowboarding seems warm. ha ha...

john

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like we got some 2 wheeled commuters here. I got lucky with just a little drizzle this morning, but who knows what it will be doing at 5pm.

LOL! Add me to list. Left the house this AM, looked up at the sky and said to myself, what the heck it looks dark to the west. Put on my two peice rainsuit from cyclegear, and headed down the road. 20 miles later, raining like I need an ARK. Love the rain gear... Need the dishwashing gloves though. At least the ride home is supposed to be dry:)

Geoff, track day is coming quick!

tex and gecko, how far are you riding in? my ride is about 40 miles round trip.

i thought for sure i was going to get rained on last night since i wore my mesh jacket in with no liners.

for the winter i made my own "hippo hands" they keep your hands warm especially with the heated grips. they are a bit cumbersome but so are numb hands. after riding the bike in the cold snowboarding seems warm. ha ha...

john

right now I am about 8 miles door-to door.

new house (closing tomorrow!) will be about 22 miles each way

stevo - warning - that "waterproof" layer doesn't cover the zipper...

ask me how I know :smashfrea

I may win the wet t-shirt contest at work today

I like my "rain gear." The seems start to bleed after a couple of hours in the rain haha.

Ah well, commuting on the bike is great when I get up at 5am. Only 33 km on way though. Not much traffic and our city passed a by-law: motorcycles park for free at street metered parking!

Another 2 wheeled commuter here. I have 12 miles of twisty country back roads to ride between home and work. Life is good, except when I have to carry a bunch of crap to work, which puts me in my truck. One day I'll pick up a Ural (along with a few other toys) with side car for four-season traveling, hauling stuff, etc.

My rain gear consists of a $15 dollar PVC rain suit from the hardwear store in bright yellow - the astronauts can see me from outer space while I'm wearing this. It fits nicely over my leathers. I'd always meant to pick up a nicer suit but I have yet to get wet even during the most torrential downpours.

motorcycles make me drool

18 miles of twisty country back roads and a state line right now (that's each way I live in R.I. and work in CT)...in 2 years maybe 41 miles if I get the job I want...which will allow the purchase of a new bike :biggthump

here's something to drool over:

052507top.jpg

:1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

you like that tex? Should be at dealerships this fall, pretty much same bike as mine just the naked version. It is a nice looking machine I just like the lines of the 675 daytona better. Everyone is curious when the new daytona liter bike is coming out.

I've been drooling over the Speed Triple for a while...and the Daytona. The speed triple feels a little too heavy though

Mrs. Tex really doesn't like the riceburner-like looks of the little Daytona, and I think the ergos on this little triple will be much better for my commute. It will probably going to replace the bonneville in the fall.

:(

i want.

i've been quite tempted to take the MSF course, but for now, i'm just drooling over bikes, not riding them.

..maybe one of these years, i don't exactly have too much support from the girl or mom about motorcycles though :rolleyes:

take it, and get your license. when you go to get insurance it may end up being cheaper as you will have been a licensed rider for longer when you do.

Mrs. Tex really doesn't like the riceburner-like looks of the little Daytona, and I think the ergos on this little triple will be much better for my commute.

Rice-burner looks??? the 675 looks more like a 1098 than a ricer burner :angryfire. I personally think it is one of the best looking sport bikes out there besides some of the Ialian bikes of course. Plus I take offense to calling a Brit bike a rice burner (just kidding).

For ergo's, yeah the 675 triple will be better. I added a gel seat, bar risers and a taller screen that made a huge difference but it still isn't as good as an ST bike, but it is A LOT more fun in the twisties (as Jack can attest to). Right now my body can afford to sacrifice performance over comfort, in 10 years that might change.

Rice-burner looks??? the 675 looks more like a 1098 than a ricer burner :angryfire. I personally think it is one of the best looking sport bikes out there besides some of the Ialian bikes of course. Plus I take offense to calling a Brit bike a rice burner (just kidding).

OK how about Rice Pudding Burner bike???? just kidding actually I like the new look Triumph is going for. But trading a Bonne for a speed triple is just trading class for holiganism...wrong I say just wrong :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Talk about topic drift. Originally started on first motorcycles :D

Here's something I didn't see on Honda of America's website. In Canada, it's targetted towards the new rider:

CBR125R

I don't think new riders would ride it for too long, but Honda Canada certainly is targetting it towards the new rider. Listed at $3,400 CDN. I could see something like this to be very useful for commuting in the heavy city traffic, especially Toronto's traffic, the City of Bad Drivers in the Province of Onterrible Drivers. . .

Talk about topic drift. Originally started on first motorcycles :D

Here's something I didn't see on Honda of America's website. In Canada' date=' it's targetted towards the new rider:

CBR125R

I don't think new riders would ride it for too long, but Honda Canada certainly is targetting it towards the new rider. Listed at $3,400 CDN. I could see something like this to be very useful for commuting in the heavy city traffic, especially Toronto's traffic, the City of Bad Drivers in the Province of Onterrible Drivers. . .

nice little bike. stateside the little "sportbike" is the ninja 250r.

honda's got some traditional/cruiser style small bikes too though.

OK how about Rice Pudding Burner bike???? just kidding actually I like the new look Triumph is going for. But trading a Bonne for a speed triple is just trading class for holiganism...wrong I say just wrong :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

that's not the speed triple in the pic - that's the new street triple - based on the 675 daytona engine, re-tuned for more torque and less top end.

but I ride my bonnie like a hooligan anyway :eplus2::eplus2:

but I ride my bonnie like a hooligan anyway :eplus2::eplus2:

hehe so if you're a hooligan the street triple, KTM Super Duke or Monster will fit it your style, or even the new Hypermotorad. Bob Jenney is turning into quite the hooligan on his new KTM 550 himself.

Now this is a sweet power slide :D by Ruben Xaus

post-62-141842233279_thumb.jpg