Note to New Members ×

SLC, Utah Thursday Night Sessions.

Skully

There's a group of people who usually get together near Salt Lake City, Utah to skate slalom, longboard, carve pavement, whatever.

We're meeting at the University of Utah, Rice stadium parking lot around 5:00 PM if anyone in the area is interested.

We'll be there 5/3, weather permitting. Everyone is welcome.

Any Bomber members interested in riding demo Loaded gear let me know and I'll make sure I have something there.

Looks like tonights session is a wash unless you can slide on wet pavement.

It was nice to meet Martin (Drayton) the last time our crew was down there, Skully. Nice to make some new friends and get to skate over at the Lone Pine (?) skatepark.

Mark

U of U isn't a bust for skating? Wow.

Looks like tonights session is a wash unless you can slide on wet pavement.

The weather is looking pretty sketchy at the moment. It cleared up for a while, but looks ugly again now. It is supposed to clear up as the day goes on, so maybe by the PM there will be dry pavement.

It was nice to meet Martin (Drayton) the last time our crew was down there, Skully. Nice to make some new friends and get to skate over at the Lone Pine (?) skatepark.

Yup, we'll miss Martin, he's a class act.

Lone Peak skatepark - I need a park board. (damn quiver thing - gotta have multiple skateboards along with the snowboards now too...)

U of U isn't a bust for skating? Wow

I haven't actually skated on campus for quite a few years. We usually just set up cones in the parking lot of the stadium, and haven't had any problems. Back when I used to skate on campus, they had a "speed limit" for skateboards, but I never had too many problems with the "cops". I got chased off more on my trials bike when I used to ride that on campus. They didn't like us riding our bikes all over their decorative fountains and stuff. Too bad the security dweebs were scared to ride down stairs on their bikes, or they may have caught us once in a while.....

sorry its going to be windy...

You and your wind.......

You should have come to our session last Saturday. Ya could've used your kite to pull you back up the first hill we set cones on.

We decided to set on a different hill so we had a tailwind going down the hill. It was much faster..... :biggthump

We're on for the Rice Stadium Parking lot at the "U" for a sesson this Thursday (5/24)

Next Thursday, we are planning on a session up in Park City. Probably in the parking lots at Kimball Junction as usual.

If anyone needs directions or additional info. please PM me....

Skully,

I'm still doing contract work every night but I am going to try to get ahead enough so that I can make it next week.

- Jared

Good to hear from ya Jared.

We wondered if you guys had dropped off the face o' the earth....

(I thought you may still be working TOO much....)

See you next week. :biggthump

This Thursday's session will be held in Park City at Kimball Junction.

Last time we met there we were near the Starbucks, so I guess that's where the spot will be. If we're not near Starbucks, we'll be somewhere close in a parking lot....

Around 5 PM as usual....

If anyone needs directions or more information, PM me....

This Thursday's session will be held in Park City at Kimball Junction again. We had a lot more success last week in Park City, so this week will be the same.

About 5-6 PM, probably closer to 6. (Weather permitting of course. Hopefully it will stop raining....)

Everyone's welcome. Las week we had longboarders, shortboarders, carveboarders, a kid was even running cones on one of those Wave inline boards, so come join the party.

Here's a map, for those that need directions - the red star marks the spot....

6bkuber.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This Thurday (6/21) we will be dodging cones in the parking lot of the stadum at the "U". (Or you can come and skate the campus too if you would like, but come to the stadium and say hi to the slalom geeks too.....)

I'll be there early, probably around 4:30, as I will have to leave early.

Others have promised to be there with cones to skate as long as anyone would like.

Anyone needing directions PM me.