Note to New Members ×

Is It Ok To Post Ebay Auctions That Are Not Yours?

tex1230

Is it ok to post ebay auctions that are not yours?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok to post ebay auctions that are not yours?

• Yes
    • No

My personal gripe is when forum members battle over an item, nad the price gets inflated beyond reality.

If I show interest in something... as in I NEED THIS BOARD... PLEASE DO NOT COUNTER BID ME..... and someone comes in at the last 2 seconds and snipes it without watching it since day 1... THAT irks the piss outa me.

But hey...... it's a free world, and thats all part of the game.

Linking to sites and deals or whatever that I normaly would never see is a great way to help others in the hobby. I don't look for the same items every week, but when they do come up I like to know of a special noteworthy item :)

My personal gripe is when forum members battle over an item, nad the price gets inflated beyond reality.

yeah, kinda like this $600+ prior that sold for $100 and change.

If I show interest in something... as in I NEED THIS BOARD... PLEASE DO NOT COUNTER BID ME..... and someone comes in at the last 2 seconds and snipes it without watching it since day 1... THAT irks the piss outa me.

so you're saying that...if you say "HEY, CHECK THIS EBAY AUCTION OUT! I WANT IT!" no one else is supposed to bid? If you covet something so much, why would you attract public attention to it? How do you know they dont "need" the board more than you? If they are willing to pay more, then doesnt this imply that they "need" the snowboard more than you? This basically says that you were expecting to pay too little. Also, how in the world would you know that they havent been watching it since day 1? Also, EVERYONE bids last two seconds. That is what software like linked above is for!

But hey...... it's a free world, and thats all part of the game.

Linking to sites and deals or whatever that I normaly would never see is a great way to help others in the hobby. I don't look for the same items every week, but when they do come up I like to know of a special noteworthy item :)

So you're ok with someone pointing YOU in the direction of a "cheap" auction...that someone else may very well "need" (and be using the same exact argument you have attempted to use) that item?

I can't believe this discussion is still going on, but the fact of the matter is someone is always going to point out an auction. I won't anymore, Tex certainly won't (:D) but even if the mods made it completely against forum rules (why in the world would they?) someone would still do it. It's an understandable, albeit selfish, argument, but a perfect exercise in futility.

yeah, kinda like this $600+ prior that sold for $100 and change.

D., one thing to keep in mind is that you're applying today's retail prices to yesteryear's boards. It's not valid. First of all, retail prices have come up over the past few years. Second of all, even if retail prices stay flat over the years on a specific brand, any recent advancements the manufacturers have made in terms of technology, materials, do devalue older boards without those advancements - even in new condition.

For example, I have a Donek Wide freeride board from back when they retailed for $280. Mine has a topsheet blem and I was offered the choice of that board with a discount - which I accepted - or a re-make. I forget exactly what the discount was but I think it was $75 - which would have made it a $205 board. If it were in new condition and I were to sell it today and claim it was a $450 board (today's retail price) I would be full of s**t.

The whole topic is Bunk If you are looking for a snowboard shop for it your self.

Everyone here knows how to use e-bay. I see refering stuff on this site as a bogus way to bring more people into the bidding thus bring the price up.

You can say it all about letting other riders know about gear but then again do we really need a "e-bay babysitter" looking out for who???

Everytime I hear about a alpine deck for sale should I run to Bomber and post about it???

Plus half of the crap on e-bay is just that crap. when some semi educated poster throws it up here it misleads new members into thinking its a decent product.

I really think you should let the classifed here do the selling.

let the ebayers have at it there not here.

Amen to that.I have a love/hate thing with ebay...Great when the seller is honest and crappy when they're not.As long as we are all honest on this site it should be a great place to do our trading. ps I got great service and a great deal from hardbooter.com at the beginning of the season.