Note to New Members ×

Are there any USCSA racers out there?

NMU Alpine Boarder

Hey, I was just wondering if any racers here were racing for their respective college under USCSA. This will be my first year, and would like to hear some opinions on racing with them from snowboarders, not from skiers. Here at Nothern Michigan, I'll be the 1st boarder for the school, and I think I also might be the first in the conference, so I am in uncharted territory, and am looking for help reguarding weather I'll be reacing myself in a lot of races, or if I'll have some competitors. Thanx.

I don't know much about the league out in the mid-west, but this will be my third year competing uscsa, and nationals is always a good time, lots of good riders. (I'm hoping to make up for the digger I took last year). You might try and look into some usasa races too if you want more competition. -Steve

You are a rare breed in the U.P. I lived in Marquette and went to NMU for about four years. There is one other hard booter up there, Dave Magno. He will be out at the hill near the bar. As far as USCSA racing goes never saw much a few comps that were mainly freestyle with a small GS event. The best racing is Thursday night race league at Marquette Mtn. Great group of people in all skill levels mostly skiers but they are very open to snowboard teams. Contact B.K. (Brain Kerrigan) at the hill. It is also a great excuse (if you need one) to drink unreal amounts of beer.

Thank you for the replies. I was mostly corious about if anyone here on the board would be racing in the Mid-west this year. I already I know I am a rare breed up here, but o well, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even without any other competitors, I think I'm gonna go along for the ride ;) .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ghostrider

SUP NMU,

I'm president of the Western Michigan University Snowboard Team down in Kalamazoo, MI. Weve got quite a team this year...15 racers on ours..UofM has 10 i think...You should come down to one of our races sometime. There is talk that we might actually get our own Snowboard gates on our own HILL!!! :eek:

If not, I'll see you at regionals for sure! Congrats on the new "team"! good to hear its growing!!!

Good to hear from you GohstRider. I guess this means that I will have to actually do more than show up to regionals to win ;) . That is way cool. It's about a 99% done deal that the NMU team is going to go to the race at Schuss the first week of Febuary. It'll be a nice change of pace to race against you guys. I am looking forward to it. It will also be nice to show up with 20-30 boarders, and show everyone that we are a legitimate sport, and not a "side show".