Note to New Members ×

Pick My Topsheet!

Dave Winters

Pick my topsheet  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Pick my topsheet

• You're out of your mind, and have horrible taste as well.

#3 gets my vote but hold off on the wood flames top sheet.

I am putting wood flame topsheet on my second board build this summer.

I wasnt gonna post until completed, but couldnt resist. Been sitting on this for several weeks.

This is the topsheet for my first build, which is on hold until temps climb for epoxy (unheated garage). Topsheet not completed and needs final finishes, but you get the idea. Also pardon the dust in the pics.

In order for me to get the go ahead to build, I left my wife help with the design. It's name is "Mumma"

post-1008-141842230183_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842230187_thumb.jpg

post-1008-141842230192_thumb.jpg

Started fairly basic because wood veneer is not the easiest stuff to work with, depending on the type, but I have some tricks up my sleeve for the flame pattern.

Good luck in whatever sheet you decide on Dave.

Makes sense, but dont do the photo of your wood work for a topsheet. It wood be like sticking a sock in your spandex. That is, of course, if you were a heavy metal god of the 80's. go with the real stuff, if you decide to go wood.

Love your work by the way, didnt know it was you. I too was starting some work on cutting boards this summer, but how you get the tightness in some of your patterns, I cannot figure out.

Hey Dave,

What model and size Donek are you getting? That would've influenced my vote more. Example, if you were getting a Blade I would have been more in favor of the 'groovy' patterns. More surface area to mezmerize the hapless hordes. OTOH, the skull pattern lends itself to the DEATHSTICK look of an Olympic race or a Freecarve.

Tell us which model you are getting, most-patterned one!

Mark

BTW, Chubz, that is the BEST thread hijack-gone-unnoticed I've ever seen here. Could you do my deck off the house for me this summer in that same wood grain pattern? Cheers, mate!

It presented itself and like I said I wasnt going to post it, but I was hoping that Dave would ask me to do one for him. It was fun doing this one.

If I offended, I am sorry.

#4 all the way dave. It would be cool if you could super impose the skulls with the #4 flames.

Chubz,

What I was 'saying' was that it was a GOOD thing that you posted your homebrew project. OMG, please don't think that I'm chiding you. Did you not read my post where I asked you to do my outside (covered) deck flooring in the same pattern as your homebrew?

I still think DW (hey, I said Dee Dubya) still owes us what ride he is getting from Donek.

Mark

Chubz--- That is da kine!!! Great work- what woods? Curly Maple and.... Quilted Bubinga? Redwood? Excellent stuff.

I've decided on the Freecarve Bomber:185cm, 12.5 radius, 18.5 waist.

Thanks to everyone voting. Keep 'em coming, as well as comments.

Glad to see only 10% think I'm out of my mind, but all the votes aren't in yet either....