Note to New Members ×

JFYI: broken donek

terekhov

I could definitely see how this is bad publicity, and up until december of 2005, I had never heard of any of the snowboard manufactures that are so highly praised here. So, if a complete noob were to see that, he/she might steer clear of a Donek.

However, all of that being said, the 4 broken boards last week were all from some top alpine manufactures -- Donek, Prior, Coiler, and i guess you could throw Volkl in there.

Now we just need a few people to snap some other boards, like maybe a Virus, Pogo, and a Madd. I think that would round things out nicely. J/K of course, wouldn't want to see anymore broken gear. But, that last week just goes to show you that every board has limits. Even Ferraris and Porsches lose grip and skid out, whether it's user error or the limit of the vehicle is another matter.

I will point out that seeing a broken Donek has not shaken my faith in Sean's boards. I am still anxiously awaiting my new Donek. It should be ready Monday. Too bad I won't be ready for another 3 weeks or so.

I wouldn't post any judgement before knowing if the guy spoke to Sean and if he did, what was exchanged between the two.

Posting picks of broken boards here is not new, and it shouldn't be different wether a Burton breaks or a Donek breaks. Boards can break, period. And a broken board is always interesting to look at.:lurk:

I'm with Jack. This is not appropriate for a public forum where newer riders could get the wrong idea.

the worst idea which could be got by new rider is a absence of humor sense ;)

PS yuri have spoken russian only, he's my friend and I'm spokeperson only. yes, manufacturer was contacted first, but public forums is not for distribution of one and only wisdom of enlightened. may the viewing counter talk for himself.

PPS for those who don't gotta point in that talk: I'm strong believer in Sean's craftsmanship. I'm strong believer in a harmness of political correctnessy. and Yuri's business with Donek goes in parallel, and our donek-breaker didn't think he is THE ONLY right person in that dialogue: didn't cat-photo speak for himself? :)