Note to New Members ×

Do you use Glasses or Goggles

Bobby Buggs

I think I wore glasses once when snowboarding and I said never again. There are too many disadvantages:

-The cold wind makes my eyes water

-It's cold around the face

-Snow gets in

-They get fogged up in less than a second

So it's goggles for me. I have a pair of 10 year old Smiths and they are great (even though they are quite scratched). They have a very particular lens: it is a double lens and one is yellow, the other is grey. Yellow is good for contrast (cloudy days, evening snowboarding) and the grey is good for light (sunny day). I don't know what to get if I change googles though as pretty much all are orange. It Oakley had some with a G30 lens, that would rock (best lens ever for allround use).:biggthump

Oakley A Frame, Polarized Hi-Amber lens. Simply an awesome lens and works in all but the flattest light conditions. Only thing is they are expensive so don't scratch them.

I have 3 pairs of goggles.

Oakley Aframe with Blue Iridium lense - Day time use

Oakley Wisdom with High Intensity Yellow - Night time use

Vonzipper with Chrome lense - Extreme sunlight(Just bought it because it looked good)

I wear goggles for the protection. I had an accident where I hit a tree with my face. :freak3: My helmet cracked, my Oakley goggle left with bad scratches but, my face didn't have a scratch. After that incident, I don't bother with sunglasses

Prescription goggles usually, switch to glasses if it's really warm so I don't sweat into my foam.

I have these babies...they're nice

http://www.ski-prescription.com/product.php?code=AD13

The will do rx sport glasses too

http://www.ski-prescription.com/category.php?catid=1

but I got mine at my local eye doc's place....they're called something like "the biker" or something....I think they look rad and the lenses change color too.

But if you're blessed with perfect vision then I guess this doesn't apply...

I have 2 sets of Spy's goggles, one yellow and one rose. I like the way they feel on my helmet. I can't snowboard with glasses, my eyes just don't agree with it at all neither can I ride without any cover, I'm sure this comes from motorcycling but it's the only way I can ride

I use both. Oakley's M-Frame glasses seem to work best, when Im working while skiing. Goggles, any will be fine with me (I own carerra, oakleys, and von zippers). Glasses, I got oakley boxy glasses (forgot what its called), M-frame, Bolle 70ish glasses, oakley razor blade, and couple of OTG sunglasses. I personally find M-Frame the best out of all sunglasses I have.

Goggles unless it's really warm, then sometimes I can wear my Oakley Juliet xframes without a problem, otherwise I stick with goggles. I have a Pair of Carrerra Testa's (anyone know where to get lenses?!?!) that busted a lens, some kinda old Smith...somethings, some cheap goggles that I picked up on vacation because I forgot mine that go by the brandname "Dragon", and yesterday I got some Oakley Wisdoms because my Carrerra Lens is busted and fogs between the lenses, and it's next to impossible to get a new lens for them :angryfire . For the smith's, I have a full range of lenses-brown, orange, yellow, and clear for different light conditions. The only problem with them is that they aren't helmet compatable, so I have a big gap between the top of the frame and the front of my helmet, which causes near instant frostbite when I'm out riding. The Carerras were by far my favorite, but they've about had it after 6 seasons :( .

Guest Tim Tuthill

Both, Just got a pair of Wiley X SG1 glasses. Work real well, Fog not a problem because of the design. Check em out! Oakley small goggles. Got new eyes! Had Crystalens surgery in November! 20/15 vission and no glasses!

I use Oakley A frame goggles for 90% of my riding- the other 10% I use either Oakley Whisker sunglasses for sunny Spring skiing days or Wiley X military glasses/goggles.

The Wiley X's look like this:

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/ProductDetail.aspx?ActivityCode=TACTICAL&SeriesCode=176&ProductLine=318,BLINK&ItemCode=556

You guys need to check out some of the other goggle lense offerings like the Scott Amplifier and the Briko Thrama. The optical quality of some of these new lenses is unbelievable. You can actually see better with them on not just glair reduction.

and they're dirt cheap too. I think i'll check out a pair soon.