Note to New Members ×

F2 speedcross 165

Dr D

lightly used in very good condition good pics available on request (to big to post) this is the model with the clear topsheet showing the wood core.(my son says it looks like a bowling alley):lol: nice looking board. ITs a stiff fast ride with a little wider profile than most carvers 22ish at the waist. it has the dimpled base for speed I assume????? I enjoyed it thoroughly it was however very similiar to my garage and I don't need two in the same category so this one is up for sale. I paid 175 plus 25 shipping for it and would like to get that back out of it. I am asking 200$ plus shipping OBO

this is NOT an out "HOUSE" board

Photos of the snowboard being sold. Looks good! I had someone recently ask me about a Boardcross board too. Hope I can remember who it was! Best Stomp pad I have ever used!! Love those!

thanx brian and yes the stomp pad rules I need to find out what it is and order a few for my other boards.after reading up on the board I should ride it in softies and see how I like it.

Dakine "Spike". They sold out last year, Buel and Reb pointed out a shop out of Florida of all places that had them. We bought them out!! I think they are now back in the system and available more places. We paid 10$ each shipped buying them buy the dozen you get a free one thrown it.

Love em!! Best ever. Stiff enough to clear, not so brittle that they break off.

Could you wait until I buy a couple hundred more before you get your order in??:eplus2:

they seem to be rather prolific for 9.95 all over the net at the moment with a few places as high as 11.95 evogear a straight 10

To fill in the missing spec...I think that year 165 speedcross has a 23cm waist (228mm to be exact and according to an old F2 spec sheet I kept from when I got my 165 speedcross).

Some of this is a repeat, but to copy my spec sheet for the 165:

Overall: 1650mm

Effective Edge: 1400mm

Nose Width: 280.2mm

Waist Width: 228mm

Tail Width: 280.2mm

Sidecut radius: 9m

Recom. Stance: 520mm

Recom. Angle: 45 / 35

Offset: 20mm

Target group: 75+ KG

I rode it yesterday in softies at unheard of angles by the way. I gradually worked my way up to 65/60 which amazingly enough felt the best. It was a total blast. So the short version is I am keeping it.

:biggthump

changed my mind its for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

I found an identity 185 that I need to finance so the F2 is on the auction block again. the First $200 bones takes it. Get it quick before I change my mind.:lol:

this is really a phenomenal ride. very fast and responsive. ITs an unreal carver.

I had John Mcginnis run the numbers and the sidecut is pushing 16+ its a wolf in sheeps clothing!

To fill in the missing spec...I think that year 165 speedcross has a 23cm waist (228mm to be exact and according to an old F2 spec sheet I kept from when I got my 165 speedcross).

Some of this is a repeat, but to copy my spec sheet for the 165:

Overall: 1650mm

Effective Edge: 1400mm

Nose Width: 280.2mm

Waist Width: 228mm

Tail Width: 280.2mm

Sidecut radius: 9m

Recom. Stance: 520mm

Recom. Angle: 45 / 35

Offset: 20mm

Target group: 75+ KG

with only 13 mm of sidecut my math and john's computer put the radius on this one at somewhere between 16 and 17. Its certainly not 9

Recheck the numbers...

Nose/tail 280mm

- waist 228mm

= 52mm

sidecut = 52/2 = 26mm

With effective edge of 1400mm, running length should be ~1390mm

I used that as the chord length of arc with camber of 26, on CAD, and measured the radius. It worked out to ~9300mm = 9.3m

So, the 9m info on sidecut radius should be correct... That also sounds right for a board of that length. 16 doesn't.

Yep, it's around 9m sidecut. It is a boardercross board after all so one would expect it to be a relatively 'turny' board. Definitely not a 16+.

Those specs I posted were off the F2 website a number of couple years so I would assume they are accurate. I copied the page when I bought my speedcross.

yeah if its a circle that would be right. I am wondering how accurate they are made to spec or how accurately they are reported. This board feels like a quaternary sidecut or something similiar. It initiates and is turny if you want it to be but it will hold a long turn like a big board with a massive sidecut. It rides longer than a 9 for sure. I guess the flex patterns etc start to play in as well. At any rate a fun ride:biggthump