Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit (2-21)

gdboytyler

Anybody going to Snow Summit on Sun.(2-21)? I'll probably start out at Snow Summit and move over to Bear after lunch.

It would be fun to meet up with some fellow carvers.

I'll be the Asian guy riding either a royal blue Donek Incline or an Oxygen Proton GS (which should arrive on Thurs). You may also notice a couple of my soft-booter friends in my wake.

For whoever wants to meet-up, we could set the meeting place at chair 1 (East Mtn Express) between 9:30-10:00.

I plan on starting out at chair 1 right around 8:00, then move over to chair 7 & 10 until meeting time.

GdBoyTyler

gdboytyler, I was thinking about heading up there this weekend, especially if they get new snow in the next few days, I live at the base of the mtns, Redlands, to be exact. Do you mind if I hitch a ride with you?? Do you have room? Let me know.

What size of proton? who or where did you buy it from?

Just wanted to let you know that I went up to Summit tonight and the snow was fantastic, should be good for tomorrow. It is now12:00 am Saturday morning and we just got home, the uphill traffic was backed up all the way from the first passing lane on Hwy 330 to Snow Valley. Those people won't see BBL until sometime early this morning. Hopefully the traffic will be better for you.

Originally posted by oldvolvosrule

It is now12:00 am Saturday morning and we just got home, the uphill traffic was backed up all the way from the first passing lane on Hwy 330 to Snow Valley.

Oldvolvosrule, thanks for the tip about the traffic. So I took 38 to get up the mountain on Sat morning. Took 2.5 hrs from Newport Beach (left at 6:00am). I talked to some people that left L.A. at 7:00am and they didn't get to the resort until noon (taking the 330 route)! We ended up going to Bear Mtn because the front parking lot at Summit was already full by the time we got there.

Sat. was fun, until about 1:30, when the visibility went to crap. The runs got bumpy real fast because of the new snow, so I didn't get a real test from my new 164 Proton. I still rode it all day. It was a lot easier to ride in the bumpy snow than I was expecting.

If the weather is good, I'm going to Bear/Summit again on Friday.