Note to New Members ×

Osin (Dynastar) 3800 163

BlueB

The "Legend" board was surely bought off Ebay last season. Looks like DrD scooped it up. I was watching it but snoozed and forgot...missed out. Kinda glad though because DrD and I would have just been in a bid war.

I've been searching for one ever since and haven't found any. Definately rare/hard to find.

They are hard to find because most searching for "Dynastar & Legend" will return back their ski lineups. It's hard to wade through all the ski crapola to find the info on the snowboard.

I believe there was a short thread on it at the EC site. There was also a thread about it here on BOL if I remember correctly.

So DrD how does it ride? Any comparisons to the 4807/3800 series? Does the split tail really do anything noticable? What function does the rubberish looking stuff around the inserts serve? Dampening? Protection?

The "Legend" board was surely bought off Ebay last season. Looks like DrD scooped it up. I was watching it but snoozed and forgot...missed out. Kinda glad though because DrD and I would have just been in a bid war.

I've been searching for one ever since and haven't found any. Definately rare/hard to find.

They are hard to find because most searching for "Dynastar & Legend" will return back their ski lineups. It's hard to wade through all the ski crapola to find the info on the snowboard.

I believe there was a short thread on it at the EC site. There was also a thread about it here on BOL if I remember correctly.

So DrD how does it ride? Any comparisons to the 4807/3800 series? Does the split tail really do anything noticable? What function does the rubberish looking stuff around the inserts serve? Dampening? Protection?

I bought this one off of a close out website a couple weeks ago. Stole it actually:eplus2: there was one on the bay at the time but it looked like the selleer was shill bidding it. I went looking on the net and found this one. the seller on ebay relisted and sold his for considerably more again by shill bidding. I do a search every now and again looking for them.

they made a whole series of boards called autodrives that include the dampening pads and the thickened core edges. to answer the other post they don't make snowboards anymore:(

The rubber pads stick up 1mm or so and provide the same service that the bomber suspension kit provides, dampening and or a softer ride.

I rode my buddies last season (he has two) and found it to be a fantastic powder board and all around fun machine. the split softens up the tail.

other interesting features include half cap construction and half sidewall consstruction. see pic sidewall in the middle and cap on the ends

legend_small.jpg

legend_nadpis.jpg

---

Doporučená cena:

16.990,- Kč

<TABLE borderColor=#f3edf2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=198 borderColorLight=#b18da9 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=racing colSpan=2>

FR

</TD><TD class=racing colSpan=14>

All Terrain

</TD><TD class=racing colSpan=2>

FS

</TD></TR><TR><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD><TD width=11 bgColor=#8c6582> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=18>edgelength.gif</TD><TD class=racing align=middle bgColor=#f3edf2>tail.gif</TD><TD class=racing align=middle bgColor=#f3edf2>waist.gif</TD><TD class=racing align=middle bgColor=#f3edf2>tip.gif</TD><TD class=racing align=middle bgColor=#f3edf2>radius.gif</TD><TD class=racing align=middle bgColor=#f3edf2> </TD><TD class=racing align=middle bgColor=#f3edf2> </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=racing width=55>136</TD><TD class=racing width=55>136</TD><TD class=racing width=55>136</TD><TD class=racing width=55>27,9</TD><TD class=racing width=55>24</TD><TD class=racing width=55>27,9</TD><TD class=racing width=55>6,5</TD><TD class=racing width=55>25/45</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=racing>141</TD><TD class=racing>141</TD><TD class=racing>141</TD><TD class=racing>28,1</TD><TD class=racing>24,2</TD><TD class=racing>28,1</TD><TD class=racing>6,7</TD><TD class=racing>30/55</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=racing>146</TD><TD class=racing>146</TD><TD class=racing>146</TD><TD class=racing>28,6</TD><TD class=racing>24,5</TD><TD class=racing>28,6</TD><TD class=racing>6,9</TD><TD class=racing>35/60</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

yeah sorry!! no worries thoughthere aren't any left everyone will have to buy a 3800 instead:biggthump

oh yeah there's only one of those left as well:lol:

my legend is a 178 I believe. the above info was from dynastar.cz I assume czeck version is the same but maybe thats the only sizes left????

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest shrederjen

Rode my 3800 today. 15 inches new snow at A-Basin!

Hopefully, tomorrow, they will reopen the top....

I ride mine with TD2s. The front binder all the way back and the rear binder a little bit forward to keep the stance from being too wide.

Great board for pow!!

Anyone have advice on stance set up? I was thinking all the way back for the powder, but that might sacrifice carveability.

Back from the inserts centre is good for carving too, especially if you tend to carve it as an alpine board. It has soft nose and stif tail. Jen's got the right idea. I'm set that way on 169 and softies.

• 3 months later...