Note to New Members ×

Quivers:functional vs collections

mtnpig

I face this decision right now..I really dont need the money but I have a fp157 blue metalflake and a 2003 fish 160 that I never ride. The fp i keep on telling myself that I will give it to my kid (who is three) and the fish is that one day I might do a snowcat trip out west one day. Truthfully I doubt either will happen (well maybe the kid) but I keep them both just in case.

I own a Fish and a 4807! The Fish has been out twice and the 4807, I'm saving for real powder trip.

I keep threatening to do a cat trip. Here's where I'm going if I can get a few other guys (or gals) rounded up.

www.bigredcats.com

Same snow cheaper on the other side of the border. check out valhalla adventures. This would be south of fernie on the american side

http://www.valhallaadv.com/index.htm

Getting back to the functional vs. collections, and the area in between:

I like having the 'collection' boards to admire and to show people where the sport started. (Snurfer, Backhill, Performer Elite with concave base at the tail section, Safari, and Kelly Slopestyle)

The functional boards all have a specific use (SL, GS, SG, DH, FC, AM, Powder. Most will be 'collection' boards in 5-10 years.

I'll still take out the Safari to sledding hills with the kids, because the 3-strap bindings are easy to use with hiking boots and the thing works great in powder. The Kelly Slopestyle is not rideable anymore, but because CK was the man, and that style board (starting with the Air) spawned the explosive growth of the sport, and the top sheet has that cool, ,subtle artwork, it's essential to have in the 'museum'.

The functional side of things includes boards that were at one time my 'go to' boards that still have tons of runs left in them, but don't often get ridden because my Coiler AM177 is so damn good at everything.

My Alp is my first alpine board, and although I don't ride it anymore, will remain in the quiver for friends that want to try alpine for the first time.

My Aggression (Volant) 173 is like a shiny steel exacto knife, and still makes it out to the slopes.

My yellow FP 185 was my main board for years, and is still fun to ride occaissionally, but it also has value as the board seen in the Nagano Olympics, so has some museum quality aspect as well.

The Coiler PR196 is a sick, SICK speed stick that I've used for speed events and on Tuesdays with no one on the runs, but doesn't get out much.

I have a 181 Supermodel that remains unridden, but will soon be taken to Utah for powder runs. It's basically a larger version of the old Burton Air, but I'm a larger version of my old teenage self.

I have 2 Killer Loop 158 SL boards, one of which I'll sell, the other will remain in my quiver for me to use on a crowded PA slope, or to pass on to my son.

God I love this sport, and this east coast weather has been torture!!!

Think snow!!!

MT

Guest shrederjen
I own a Fish and a 4807! The Fish has been out twice and the 4807, I'm saving for real powder trip.

I keep threatening to do a cat trip. Here's where I'm going if I can get a few other guys (or gals) rounded up.

www.bigredcats.com

I get their email Blast, once a week.

One of these days, but it wont be this year......

Lookie here:

VINTAGE SNOWBOARD LOOK LAMAR RARE OLD SCHOOL SKATEBOARD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220071404334&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RUPX_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=7241280537&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=UpSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget#ebayphotohosting

the- resevoir tip- soon faded :lol:

good looking Coondog , tho

can I get a free haircut with that ?

post-123-141842227131_thumb.jpg

looking for a Sims Terry Kidwell, first board never should'a sold it. I saw a guy(camo onepiece, hiking boots, orange cap and a sweet mullett) at stevens pass about 5 years ago I offered him $500 he wouldn't take it!!!

Which one? If you are referring to his first roundtail. You would have been well under the asking price. If you were looking for a "Freestyle" from 87 approx you would have been in line. A newer black 1635cm you would have been offering too much. Short of a rountail , you can get a similar board back with some effort and dollars. Send a photo of the one you seek. I will help if I can.

Bryan

Lookie here:

VINTAGE SNOWBOARD LOOK LAMAR RARE OLD SCHOOL SKATEBOARD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220071404334&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RUPX_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=7241280537&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=UpSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget#ebayphotohosting

the- resevoir tip- soon faded :lol:

good looking Coondog , tho

can I get a free haircut with that ?

Very cool boards, but not so rare. They vary wildly on selling price. For some reason the "Trick Stick" can go from 50$ to 350$ in short periods of time. Just have to have the Sun , Moon and Stars align at the right time. Photos of NOS versions of this board on the website. Purchased from the gal that did the graphics back in the day. Bert hit a gold mine!!