Note to New Members ×

Mix and match bindings

SEJ

Anybody use different brand bindings on the same board? I've got a pair of X bone step ins that I would like to put on the back of two boards, then use different bindings on the front. Ive got a pair of Burton race, and a pair of Catek OS1s I could use in the front. Any input would be helpful. Scott

Have mixed old Burton Step-Ins rear with Raceplate front. Worked fine with most of my boots, but not AT's that I now use most often.

In softies, I'm hoping to use my Burton Torque 3-strap front with a (sorta) stiff Flow step-in rear on a just-purchased SuperModel 181.

that is if we ever get mid-Atlantic snow this year...

Done it with great success with a pair of burton race rentals on the front and the burton step in that cams closed on your heel when you step on the bar under your heel. works great huge bennies for us big guys. bending over sucks.

I don't think I would use the os1 as they are so much stiffer the flex pattern would be weird. go with the other one.

Done it with great success with a pair of burton race rentals on the front and the burton step in that cams closed on your heel when you step on the bar under your heel. works great huge bennies for us big guys. bending over sucks.

I don't think I would use the os1 as they are so much stiffer the flex pattern would be weird. go with the other one.

Hey Dr D,

How good would you rate the performance/strength of the race step ins compared to the race plates (The high range binding not the lower end crap!)

I just scored some brand new step in's (With the cam over side lever thing on the side of the heel block ) and was thinking of using them on the back foot ..

BTW my Race Plates are 2003 I think.. Red Plastic

The ones with the metal plate underneath are the way to go. It sounds like your stepins are different from mine( see pics the rear binding )

IF I am right yours are the newer ones. Mine have high lateral supports in the back but it doesn't seem to effect me much. both are metal plate and metal block etc so similiar flex and quality.

post-2375-141842225451_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842225452_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842225453_thumb.jpg

Dr. D What you have is Perfomance plates in the front, and performance step in's in the back. (some people call them rat traps) I used to have a pair. They work or don't depending on the boot. There's a lot of geometry going on there, and the flex of the plastic playes into that. I'm talking about two different brands, one is step in, one is not. As a side bar, I just recieved the X Bones and they are PLASTIC! Anybody have any input on these bindings? Again, any input would be welcome. THX Scott