Note to New Members ×

Go Buckeyes!!!

Dr D

Thats always a tough tournament though! Fun to watch. Appalacian state put it together. MT has been in the top few most years lately:biggthump IT can all go away and make you cry though, just look at Nebraska since they fired solich. No more Power football the last of the great running programs has died:(

Thats always a tough tournament though! Fun to watch. Appalacian state put it together. MT has been in the top few most years lately:biggthump IT can all go away and make you cry though, just look at Nebraska since they fired solich. No more Power football the last of the great running programs has died:(

I LOVE the 1-AA tournament...way better as far as getting a true champion than the BCS system. That UM v. NT game was justr a killer atmosphere and game! Funny you mentioned Nebraska - I grew up a Nebraska fan living in New England because my Dad grew up in BrokenBow and his brothers all still live out there (KC and Omaha). We had our years though in the early 90's and early 70's. I miss those old Big 8 Thanksgiving OU v. NU games now that the Big 12 is two conferences...but the Big 12 Championship was a nice reminder of the old rivalry...wonder who had the "brains" to separate those two teams in the Big 12?!?! I miss the NU running game definitely - but they had a much better year this year with that strange looking WC offense...played Auburn tough too. Oh the glory daze!! :biggthump

Big N fans here. I also grew up a UW husky fan as dad is an alum. They had their glory years while I was a kid and haven't been the same since Don James left. I always loved to see those two play every couple yrs. It was always a knock down drag out fight and you didn't know who would win. PAC 10 ball can be that way to. I have seen a team with a losing season step up and beat a pac 10 rival just to deny them the rose bowl. good stuff. 1AA is definitely a more exciting venue now.:biggthump

Huge OU fan here. I was born in Norman. Still crying myself to sleep every night over the Boise St. game but my expectations haven't been very high the past couple seasons. At least we didn't get schlacked like Michigan and Ohio State did. Looks like the Big 10 was extremely overrated?

Next season doesn't look to be much better but neither did the 2000-2001 season.

Huge OU fan here. I was born in Norman. Still crying myself to sleep every night over the Boise St. game but my expectations haven't been very high the past couple seasons. At least we didn't get schlacked like Michigan and Ohio State did. Looks like the Big 10 was extremely overrated?

Next season doesn't look to be much better but neither did the 2000-2001 season.

That OU v. B St. game was one of the craziest games I've ever seen at ANY level!

I REALLY miss the NU v. OU Thanksgiving game, as I said above. Not having it during the regular season is like not having the Yankees play the Red Sox! :(