Note to New Members ×

Buy AAPL

Jack M

... who "needs" a camera in thier phone anyway ?

To report the news silly ! :lol:

( taken from
)

Professional photographer David Gamble was driving by the scene and witnessed the crash. He also said he saw the driver leaving the scene.

Gamble followed the driver to a nearby apartment building and took video and photographs using his cellphone that he later provided to CTV News and other media outlets.

I agree with you, though. I have a camera in my cell phone, but I've only used it a few times. Two of those times was just to test it and a couple of other times it was to show my parents and relatives who were intrigued by it. I don't have a real need for it. But I did have a need for the phone's other features. I guess there isn't enough crime going on in my neighbourhood. :)

'later...

OS/2, I liked warp, allot at the time I prefered it to windows......too bad she did not survive!

I had/have OS/2 2.1 . I actually got it (won it on a radio call-in show) a few months before I got my first PC. Liked it much better than Windows too. But if you ever saw the OS/2 ads and followed their strategy, you wouldn't be surprised at all that it died a quick death. And then I discovered Linux.... :)

'later...

fdisk /mbr ?

Probably not, since it can boot to the boot manager, which is installed on the C: drive. In fact, if I remember correctly, the boot manager is installed on a 1MB partition and the MBR actually boots to the boot manager. I'll have to look at how I partitioned it.

I started it up a couple of times a few weeks ago because I wanted to clean it up before donating it. It was the first time I had booted it up since about 2002, which was the first I had used it since 1998.

I hooked it up to my router, which has my cable modem connected to it. It was a pretty wild feeling to have broadband access from a 486. :) I even transfered a bunch of files from my 486 to my Mac over Ethernet. I was getting a transfer rate of 33KB/s. I even fired up some of the old games like Heretic and DukeNukem3D.

Wait, I just thread-jacked didn't I ? Sorry.

'later...

The annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is the place where the world's leading tech companies claw and scratch to get their products seen by an invite-only media crowd. Every company, that is, except Apple. This year, Steve Jobs stole the show by scheduling his own company's trade show, Macworld, for the very same week in San Francisco. Apple's iPhone debut Tuesday morning sucked the oxygen out of CES. "The whole place is moping like a dumped boyfriend," an NPR reporter wrote me from Vegas. "It's as if everyone here went to the wrong party." :lol:

A friend of mine has had a Qtek c200 for awhile now and it is killer.

Wi-Fi, great phone with amazing signal strenth, camera and runs a windows O/S, with a touch screen (stylus or finger and will do handwriting recognition if you don't want to "one-poke" the on-screen keyboard).

It's also very solid, as it has been dropped on concrete a few times, with no breakage. The sim card port will allow you to switch over easily if you already have a phone with one.

My "Bleakberry" (or is it "Lackberry"... I can't remember) is an absolute piece of ****. My friends device absolutely blows it out of the pool.

The Qtek is also available NOW, not 2 years from now, like the Apple.

The one downside to the Qtek is the small icons. The ones on the Apple are big and easy to see, but Apple always did have much more attractive O/S graphics.

I wish I could ditch the cel, as I did for awhile... It was liberating. As a real estate agent, however, I would be fcuked without one and tend to need all the features I can get.