Note to New Members ×

Tyrol USASA GS/SL this coming weekend.....

oldkey

HEy,

I wish I had seen this post earlier. We had some practice gates set up on Wed. night, and again on Sat. there is barely enough snow to actually put in a gate and the conditions are abysmmal. We really need some cold weather soon or things are going to be really bad( like closing). For races here at Tyrol the runs wil always count towards NASTAR. Brent always wins those USASA races becasue the rest of us fast guys don't want to spend the $$ on the weekend when we know we won't be going to Nationals :eek:

....5 kids from MN went down to the USASA races today at Tyrol and had a great time. Jon and the crew were friendly as always. Brent won as usual, but by only 4/10 of a sec in GS......one day they're going to catch him! Brent spent some time with the kids and made them feel at home. They were glad they went.....conditions were acceptable considering the lack of cold and snow.

You guys run a respectable series.....hope that things go well for you when you visit MN this week.

I wasn't racing yesterday, but they had me forerun the course just to check its set. Met a whole bunch of the G-teamers and they were all really nice and polite. You definitely have some good young carvers coming up. Unfortunately, I didn't give them much of a forerun time to shoot for since I was opn a borrowed board for the first time while waiting for my Coiler. Brent is still good, but slowing down. There's a couple of us who will beat him sometimes , but we don't run USASA much anymore because of the cost involved if you know you're not making the trek to Nationals.

Oh....I also wish I could afford a prior metal like the fast kid....can't remember his name :smashfrea

....were polite. They mentioned spending some time with another hardbooter...must have been you. Thanks for spending time with them.....they really love meeting adults on plates....and the ribbing that can go back and forth. They're good kids and becoming very good riders.

Patrick on the Prior Metal is my kid. He sold most all of the equipment that he has collected over the last four years to get his long Prior....best investment we have made so far.....has really improved his riding. He looks forward to seeing everybody again for the last races in February. Training at Copper this next weekend so no races.....but a few of the other members of the team will be down.

Thanks again