Dear Buck Hill Diary...

bobble

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might need that Spirit Mountain season pass this season.

I just preordered 3 tickets at the discount rate

no kidding! hey, did you go to buck? right now its sunny. wondering if its better. i'm going to a christmas party now.

i bought the welch/spirit pass so i should be good to go.

i'm going up to spirit on sunday afternoon. coming back either tuesday or wednesday. we're staying in canal park this time.

i really hope there's some good snow up there.

i happened to check the buck cam at 7:30 this morning.... the chairs were running, and there were skiers already out. so i'm sure with all the race camps, it was pretty crappy by the time they officially opened at 9.

afton was much the same, slush, ice, ruts, and fast. but i was only on the bunny hill with parker. she did surprisingly well, given the conditions.

i'll still be out to buck to play tomorrow. it's tradition!

-trent

Scuff

I still have a bit to go before I get a week of vacation. No vacation time yet. And I don't particularly like cabrefae. They don't really groom well and the only runs that are worth going down are icy moguls. I do go to Crystal Mtn. every weekend though.

As for the ski shop... The only one that I can think of in town is Sun N' Snow ski shop. They've been there for a while. Good guys too. Lookin to buy a helmet and get a couple more boards tuned up some time this week.

went to the magic mountain.

in attendence were myself, trent, dave, bob d, flavor flav, and some other carver (i think doug?).

conditions were excellent. all our slopes are belong to us. it was pure pleasure carving deep into the loines of the mountain.

trent brought out the cameras. dave was so overjoyed he felt the need to really connect with trent. looking forward to see some pictures of this joyous event.

i think its fare to see good time had by all. my legs effin' hurt.

stop the cat box.

forgive me BHD, for i have sinned. its been 48 hours since my last carve session at le mont buck.

my sin - i was out on a different mountain. her name is spirit. she didn't mean anything. it was just a one time fling (actually more to come).

spirit mountain... they reported yesterday that only 60% of the runs are open. its really brown up there. absolutely no snow in duluth except on spirit and thats only where they've set up their snow guns. i was told by another carver, russ m, that there have only been 4 brown christmas' in the past 100 years. the last one was in 1979. its gotta be killing all the snowmobilers.

the good news is they are blowing snow but there's just so much area to cover. the grooming was very good but there's ice underneath. after about 2 hours i felt like i was riding on peanut brittle. there was no sun this morning until around 10:30 or 11am so i stayed over by 4-pipe. went down skyhook a couple times -- very good run. problem was getting there, there was no direct route due to lack of snow. you had to head to the main chalet and veer to the right towards 4-pipe.

also met bump rider or bumpy rider who frequents this forum. he's from seattle and picked up an F2 at the house.

it got dicey with the crowd so i left.

went to the magic mountain.

in attendence were myself, trent, dave, bob d, flavor flav, and some other carver (i think doug?).

conditions were excellent. all our slopes are belong to us. it was pure pleasure carving deep into the loines of the mountain.

trent brought out the cameras. dave was so overjoyed he felt the need to really connect with trent. looking forward to see some pictures of this joyous event.

i think its fare to see good time had by all. my legs effin' hurt.

stop the cat box.

I still feel like a bit of a douche bag for slamming into our videographer. I'm just thankful that nobody was hurt. Trent, I owe you some beers.

I'm really looking forward to the Carving Cup on Saturday, let's hope the weather cooperates.

The sheep dont like it.

Pebu: Yeah, I've had good and bad experiences with Caberfae, but Crystal always seemed a lot more inviting.

Bummer about vacation time. (I feel your pain brotha!)

Let me know if you make it out to MN.

We'll have to borrow/scavenge for some boots in your size,

but I've got a couple extra boards you are more than welcome to demo.

~Karl

snow is carveable but very soft. for awhile there was corduroy. it wasn't icy as i thought it would be.

i fell down alot when the board sank into the snow. right near the chairs it would give way.

there's open water out on crystal. that lake is going to be stinky and weedy this summer.

Trent got some amazing photos on X-mas eve. This one of Bobble is one of my favorites. You can see each individual row of cord being destroyed.

the exploding cords make me think of the water fountains at the bellagio. i do like picture. i bet i fell down on that one. my heelsides have been terrible lately. got that budweiser thing going on the rear hand.

trent, please consider a career as a sports photographer. you are the man! :biggthump

the exploding cords make me think of the water fountains at the bellagio. i do like picture. i bet i fell down on that one. my heelsides have been terrible lately. got that budweiser thing going on the rear hand.

trent, please consider a career as a sports photographer. you are the man! :biggthump

Nobody needed to know that you didn't pull out of that one. :p

For those that want to see me attempting to take out our star photographer, you can see it here: www.speedzilla.com/oh_crap/Crash.mpg :freak3:

Trent and Dave, you have to send that in to AFV. 20 grand can buy a lot of boards. It also illustrates how deceptive pics and video can be of snow conditions. Although the snow snow looks of hero quality it was actually only marginal in carvability.

That shot of Bob L is extremely good. Never mind the motor drive, that's one in thousand. The light is perfect.

BobD