Note to New Members ×

FP 162 ASYM good enough for the park?

DiveBomber

That sweet asym tail will allow you to go fakie easier than a regular square tail, because there's less of a rear "edge" to catch. For helicopters, it has lower rotational viscosity. Plus, it gives you funky new/old ways to grab your board that nobody else will be able to rock. Be sure to get the 7-degree Burton cant wedge and shove it under your rear foot and keep your front foot FLAT. This will keep your knees together for rad cross-rocket air tweakage. Even better, stack two under there just like Brushie. And while carving you'll look just like Stein Eriksen - knees tight like a tiger. Sweet deal, go for it. I think I have a vintage North Face patchwork day-glo one-piece to go with it... interested?

That sweet asym tail will allow you to go fakie easier than a regular square tail, because there's less of a rear "edge" to catch. For helicopters, it has lower rotational viscosity. Plus, it gives you funky new/old ways to grab your board that nobody else will be able to rock. Be sure to get the 7-degree Burton cant wedge and shove it under your rear foot and keep your front foot FLAT. This will keep your knees together for rad cross-rocket air tweakage. Even better, stack two under there just like Brushie. And while carving you'll look just like Stein Eriksen - knees tight like a tiger. Sweet deal, go for it. I think I have a vintage North Face patchwork day-glo one-piece to go with it... interested?

this is actually a late model FP :angryfire

???

why would you even consider this when you can just go find just about anything with a up turned tail that for obvious reasons would work better?

for example a burton E deck, they can be had for $50 or so and they make a better carver than 99% of the asyms out there anyway.

Oh and I dont do fakie, so the tail doesn't matter to me

I thought for park you need to at least have the option to go fakie. You never know what's going to happen in the park, and with a old school Asym it just ain't happening. You've never caught an edge and been spun around? If that happens on an asym you're gonna be toast.

P.S. If it's Asym it's old. Late model FP or not, it's still old.

P.S.S. Ignore Jack, he actually has about 15 asyms in his quiver and he frequents parks all the time! They are his weapon of choice as I understand...

I think you should do it! Don't forget to put a sticker on your hardboots that says something to the effect of 'Damian Lives!!' or 'Sanders Forever!!'I would love to see a rodeo flip in hard boots!!! Doing it on an Asym would definately add style points

yeah then go up to Bordy and smack him with your board. :AR15firin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

I don't understand why the question was asked. You can get other cheap boards that are better suited, but....

Parks are groomed so going fakie is no problem without a tail. The only time it would be a problem is if you landed fakie and tail heavy (new nose heavy). I have only ever dug the tail in once on a fakie landing, but that was in a kinked pipe. Now I just don't land fakie in a kinked pipe.

Of course, you have already said that you would not be riding fakie, so it is a moot point.

As far as rails go, 50/50 should not really hurt your good boards. If you are going to do boardslides, then be ready to ride fakie. If you dial your boardslides on flat rails, you will have no damage to the board. Damage will occur if you cannot keep the board flat on a flat rail, or if you boardslide kinked rails.

For jumps, I like a more substantial board that can make up for botched landings, but that is just me. Again, if you are doing jumps, you may end up going fakie whether you want to or not.

Good luck.

you wanna tell me where this stash of cheap carving boards is? cause its not ebay!

All I wanted was and alpine board between 162 and 165, that i could thrash, cause im not taking my good boards on anything with rails or such.

Errr.....http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=13041 :ices_ange

you wanna tell me where this stash of cheap carving boards is? cause its not ebay!

All I wanted was and alpine board between 162 and 165, that i could thrash, cause im not taking my good boards on anything with rails or such.

I have three of them listed under garage sale on the for sale page under 100$ make an offer.:lurk: