Note to New Members ×

Pureboarding set-up: Angles?

Galen

Galen, I would think just reduce your current boot angles until you are in danger of over-hang. Oh, and yoodle allot :freak3:

Curious how you like it!! Keep working on the accent!

Uh, yaw, you betcha. that's what I intend to do., just wondering how they do it! Get us a few pics from SES :biggthump

like the Swoard guys, they make their own super-wide boards.

Yes, I bought a #2 on a whim. They are not so wide that 20* in the rear binding wont give you a ton of overhang, though. I'd Really like to see a pic of them on the board with boots. The width at the rear binding is about 23.5cm. :confused:

Yes, I bought a #2 on a whim. They are not so wide that 20* in the rear binding wont give you a ton of overhang, though. I'd Really like to see a pic of them on the board with boots. The width at the rear binding is about 23.5cm. :confused:

Galen, look through the photos here , lots and lots of photos!!!

isn't there a synopsis of the pureboading style somewhere. Carvers almanac has alot on EC, but not on 'pureboarding'.

All this EC stuff is exhausting.

Yeah, that's where I got the 20/50 from.

"The PureBoarding style uses a surf stance, with binding angles of around 55°/20° on a wide board. The stance has a few advantages:

It allows a more comfortable upright stance.

The movements of the knees along the heel-toe direction are more efficient and take less effort.

Toe side turns are easier, because you get more leverage and it's easy to drop your knees straight down into the turn

It's easier to compress low onto the board without exerting twisting pressure on your knees.

It allows for a more rotated style. "

I thought there was more somewhere.

BTW whats the length/ sidecut on the #2 board? How do you like it?

Haven't ridden it yet. I'll have it at bachelor over the xmas break. it's a 158, about 9m sidecut, 22.5 waist. I dont wonder if the 55/20 is for the #1, which may have been a bit wider in the tail.

post it up on the purboarding web site and ask.. they seem pretty good on replying.

Post back with your impressions..

I wish I had pureboarding went to other places besides CO.. Its out of my price range this year. Im on a beer budget.. They have to charge for the classes the do, Im sure it would pay if they showed up here on the east coast for a weekend on the way back.