Note to New Members ×

Boards Anonymous: Post your quiver

Dave*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffy: Your probably right. However, if you ride Burners, you are going to lose them. There are no more. I gotta bunch! At 64 years old, there will come a time when they go to the kids. so far so good. I figure 10 more years at least?? Then, who knows???

Tim, you are too nice, don't tell them how many you have and NEVER post a photo. The nursery will get really loud.

Sweet hardware folks!!

Sheffy: Your probably right. However, if you ride Burners, you are going to lose them. There are no more. I gotta bunch! At 64 years old, there will come a time when they go to the kids. so far so good. I figure 10 more years at least?? Then, who knows???

I like the burners myself but if you like them so much that you feel the need to hoard them maybe it's time you talked to Bruce and get you a coiler with a split tail

legend has it that they ride better than the sims stuff, are way more durable and the flex on the tail can be adjusted to some extent through the use of a aluminum bar

they are pricey so Bruce is reluctant to build one because of the extra work but he is willing if you are willing to pay at least thats how it seemed when I asked about one after talking with someone who had one.

Guest Tim Tuthill

Bob: Good idea! However, I gotta few Burners so they should last? I don't do jumps etc. Don't land on the tails either, at least not on purpose. Of course we could all step up to one of the Tinklers, huh Bryan? How come your not on the mountain???

Bob: Good idea! However, I gotta few Burners so they should last? I don't do jumps etc. Don't land on the tails either, at least not on purpose. Of course we could all step up to one of the Tinklers, huh Bryan? How come your not on the mountain???

Don't rub it in, had my fill of crowds Wednesday. Love to be there, just crazy busy. Would have been up there on a couple hours of sleep , too old I guess.

You? What's the plan?

Yup, it's a brand new burner 167. Can't wait to try it.
yeah, my 197 is that same blue,too. The 167 that broke was pink.

I dont get the whole MULTIPLE board thing...........IMO having all those extra boards that you dont use is pointless and a waste of money!!!

the wives agree..... :flamethro

post-123-14184222369_thumb.jpg

I especailly get a kick outta the guys that have 20+ boards and cant ride(several of those posers around here....lol)....IMO having all those extra boards that you dont use is pointless and a waste of money!!!

if you have the money, why not? Jay Leno has over 100+ cars, and a few years back, he almost killed himself at an oval nascar track trying to set a high speed record in one of his cars... instead, a professional driver did it after he failed...

part of it is collectors item nostalgia or something, i would say. until coming here, i thought having more than 2 boards was completely unnecessary (1 to do the majority of your riding in, and 1 for early season rock boarding). now, i'd say 3-4 boards would be ideal for me. 1 - all mountain, 1 - on piste groomed carver, 1 - powder dedicated, and maybe 1 - beater rock board. anything more than that i don't think i could justify.

one of my uncles has over 60 guns in his house and 4000 rounds of ammunition - you'd think he was gonna start his own militia and start a rebellion or something. i think a lot of it is that it's just fun to collect them.

if you have the money, why not? Jay Leno has over 100+ cars, and a few years back, he almost killed himself at an oval nascar track trying to set a high speed record in one of his cars... instead, a professional driver did it after he failed...

part of it is collectors item nostalgia or something, i would say. until coming here, i thought having more than 2 boards was completely unnecessary (1 to do the majority of your riding in, and 1 for early season rock boarding). now, i'd say 3-4 boards would be ideal for me. 1 - all mountain, 1 - on piste groomed carver, 1 - powder dedicated, and maybe 1 - beater rock board. anything more than that i don't think i could justify.

one of my uncles has over 60 guns in his house and 4000 rounds of ammunition - you'd think he was gonna start his own militia and start a rebellion or something. i think a lot of it is that it's just fun to collect them.

I agree, well said.

However, I do think anything over 500 or so is just showing off :eplus2:

It would certainly simplify our life to only want a board or two. Oh, well.

I find it so nice to grab a board that matches the conditions and my mood. Just as important for me is, as Mike mentioned, how much I have learned by riding the various boards in our quiver. Between Rebecca and myself, we rode six different boards just today. They all get ridden!

Happy turns!

It would certainly simplify our life to only want a board or two. Oh, well.

I find it so nice to grab a board that matches the conditions and my mood. Just as important for me is, as Mike mentioned, how much I have learned by riding the various boards in our quiver. Between Rebecca and myself, we rode six different boards just today. They all get ridden!

Happy turns!

Awesome!! Conditions are good? Live the life!!

Very nice! How does that affect the ride compared to a regular 170? Stiffer? Damper?

Can not comment that yet, but it is stiffer and due some stuff played with carbon it will have surely different ride. Snow hs been soft and being playing so much with new Tinkler and new titanal boards that have had no time to do proper testing with it yet.

Multiple boards, i have long windsurfing background and i had several sails, so why i would not have several boards? and have heard rumors that some people play some ball game with several "sticks" too, that sound really silly :eek:

The guys just shows his boards and you post that???What a classy thing to say :barf:

sheffy...you dont spend a lot of time here, so you have no idea what the comment was in relation to (a past flameup that is now squashed and buried) but seriously...when someone posts something that looks as ridiculous as it would if I were serious, it usually means they're not serious.

if you want, you can find the "knees together" thread to find the root of my facetious comment.

sheffy...you dont spend a lot of time here, so you have no idea what the comment was in relation to (a past flameup that is now squashed and buried) but seriously...when someone posts something that looks as ridiculous as it would if I were serious, it usually means they're not serious.

if you want, you can find the "knees together" thread to find the root of my facetious comment.

2455 posts i think someone spends too much time here....lol :eplus2:

The guys just shows his boards and you post that???What a classy thing to say :barf:

Don't worry, it was a joke and I got it as I read Bordy's comments regarding this issue. If you read my replies, you'll see I don't take offense (I don't know if it comes through though) and I can justify myself.

I thought we were all supposed to play nice in 2007. :rolleyes:

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.

R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

M: Well, what is the cost?

R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.

Pause

R: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory.

Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

M: Thank you.