Note to New Members ×

Any way to get snow to NOT stick to top sheet?

DiveBomber

:lol: I was thinking the same thing... never tried that either... but what a mess!

I know a guy who wore a red one piece for many years. We cheerfully called it "The Weener Suit". As time went on it got tighter on him and the color started to fade. It totally looked like sausage casing. We couldn't help but laugh at him ever time he put it on. I'm pretty sure he only wore it at that point to get a reaction from us. One night the gang is hanging out and we keep hearing a spraying noise coming from the outside deck. We all go out there and... WTF!?!?!? Dude!... why in the hell are you spraying your ski suite down with Pam? Aparently it was the only thing he could find on short notice that might repel water since the weener suit had worn to thin threads and he was tired of getting wet. He left it hanging there "to dry" which of course it never did and the dogs kept trying to lick it and pull it from the hanger. Long story longer... he tried to wear it the next day and made a complete greasy mess out of himself... we didn't let him into the car and the weener suit died by grease that day..

I've found that any hydrophobic coating will help to keep snow off the topsheet. Rain X has worked for me--as has car wax. As the snow tends to adhere to rough spots, dirt, and grime, it helps to regularly buff the topsheet like you would your car (if you wash and wax your car, that is).

I've found that any hydrophobic coating will help to keep snow off the topsheet. Rain X has worked for me--as has car wax. As the snow tends to adhere to rough spots, dirt, and grime, it helps to regularly buff the topsheet like you would your car (if you wash and wax your car, that is).

No car wax doesnt work. I guess i should have been more specific. How to keep the snow from freezing to the top sheet.

buy the pogo ST waxtop, it has a waxable topsheet(non stick!) and comes in 183, 190something and in ....... 230cm!

hope you got some light fluff to ride it on

here it is in action http://www.pogo.biz/downloads/pogo_abfahrt.mpg

and here it is http://www.pogo.biz/shop/product_info.php?products_id=163&osCsid=6892366e1293214cb85a577878559edd

A lot of ATV guys spray the inside of their fenders with various lubricants to keep as much mud from sticking and building up. I've never tried it and I'm not sure what is the best. I've heard of using WD-40 (yes, I know, not really a lubricant), PAM, silicone sprays, rain-ex etc. Not sure if any of those would work for snow and most would probably be bad for the board or, at a minimum, a heck of a mess. I just wipe as much snow off, as I can, at the bottom of each run and call it good enough. Some of it does get quite crusty, though, even in one run and become hard to knock off.

No car wax doesnt work. I guess i should have been more specific. How to keep the snow from freezing to the top sheet.
Any hydrophobic coating will be compromised by dirt and grit. Car wax has worked for me--and might very well work for you, too. The trick is to keep your topsheet free of dirt and grime (a high-gloss topsheet helps, of course). Clean it thoroughly first. Then apply the wax (or rain x). Buff it occasionally to remove any dirt, film, gunk, particulates, etc. Without these surfaces to cling to, snow will simply slough off the deck.

Or at least that has been my experience.