Note to New Members ×

Pissed off

Alex Walters

I agree. Mike, you must be doing something incorrect on the measuring.

I am measuring in bare feet. My feet are *really* flat. I bet if I measure in my orthotics I get a different number. I will try this at home and report back. (However I can't believe my orthotics will shave a full cm off that measurement - and yes I am using the correct inch->cm conversion, 2.54 cm/inch)

Update: Measured with my snowboard boot orthotics. 25.8 and 26.0. Yes, my feet are that flat - when unsupported they really pronate and it spreads 'em out flat and they gain almost a cm in length.

When I do the shell test at least half of my toes are hitting the front of the boot gently. I think my toe area just fits the AF shell really well and that's how I get away with sizing down. If I get the chance I will shell test a 24 AF... if not I'll probably go with a 26 liner in a 25 shell. (Yes, costs more, but happy feet are worth their weight in gold!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if not I'll probably go with a 26 liner in a 25 shell.

michelle's gonna have a coronary!

I dunno...just trips me out...my feet measure right around 27.5...and I had some 26/.5 heads and it just...didnt seem possible. I hope I wasnt WRONG yet again as Im stuck with a brand new pair that I paid $400 for.

Yep, I lost about $100 on reselling my mondo 27 thermoflex suzuka that were too big for my 27.4cm and 27.5cm feet. I used them for about 6 days of riding. But they just wouldn't work. I did wait to sell them until the mondo 26s arrived, were molded, and I put 6 days on them. It only took one day to fully appreciate that I needed the 26 all along. But again, each persons feet seem so different that who knows until you receive them and try it. Don't sweat it until they arrive and you try them. They'll either fit or they won't. If the do, you worried for nothing. If they don't, then...well..then you can start to worry/fret! :biggthump

No point in this message just feeling lucky and hoping I don't fall off the edge of the list. one or maybe two days before this thread I still can't belive it. Now if I could just get somebody to part with a large race kit for the AF700 I need the stiffer tongue bad.:ices_ange

I think its all relative. I am 6'3" and 275 lbs I suspect that the normal tongue is rather soft in relation to me. I may be wrong but My AF700 aren't near as stiff as my old reactors. I learned in a pair of rear entry ski boots. I am really taking a shot in the dark here but I can flex these until the buckles touch the toes if I am really working them. I just can't seem to get them to that sweet spot. The thick intuition liner and the booster strap have helped stiffen them up but they still feel like they fold in half at the ankle. maybe the BTS will solve that. I am hoping.:ices_ange

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update on the BTS kits so you guys can relax.

Fin and I have been working 11 hour days to get these out to you. There are people on the list that we are waiting to hear from, etc, so it is slow work. I am honestly trying to get them out, because believe me we want them to get to you MUCH MORE than you want them.

So please, if you have an order confirmation for the BTS, you will hear from us soon. You will either get an email from UPS or USPS stating that your BTS has been sent, or you will get an email from me.

PATIENCE is a virtue, remember :biggthump

Happy Holidays!

I want a pink sparkly one - and I demand to have it before christmas. I'm giving myself the gift of bling. Please don't let me down. It is the only thing that will match my pink sparkly boots. I used a belt sander to shave the plastic on my boots down for ventilation and to make the sparkly pink paint hold better and now they're not stiff enough - I can see my toes thru the plastic. Since you didn't warn me about this, I consider it your fault Michelle - so I'd like ONE sparkly pink BeeTeeEss spring for my boots - by christmas, and please cut it in half, I don't want it to be too heavy. Don't make me cry myself to sleep under my tree, BTSless. I will NOT be held accountable for my actions - YOU OWE ME. You should have called me if you knew you were making this stuff - WTF, WTF???!!! oooo, time for a pill......gargle, gargle, gargle

mine came in yesterday and i used them for the first time today. all i have to say is AWESOME. adjusting the forward lean mechanism is nice. i just start turning the top nut to compress the spring and my boot starts leaning forward, or at least i think it is.

someone correct me if i'm wrong and tuning completely incorrectly. well, either way, compressing the top spring and showing more of the threading on the shaft seemed to feel better for me.