Note to New Members ×

crap crap crap crap

bjvircks

Then our contract "Team Leader" (Boeing, Anaheim Ca)......

I thought we were still "on topic" with the airplane (Boeing) references.

Pilots are just glorified "bus" drivers.Really BIG bus drivers sometimes. :cool:

That plane is one of the reasons for the carbon fiber shortage going on right now......

This is a snip from Fiberglast:

Airbus reportedly ordered over 100 A380’s, each of which uses approximately 70,000 metric tons of carbon fiber. One estimate of the entire sporting goods industry’s usage is 200,000 tons.

Amazing huh?

After reading some of the stuff above, I think I have the best job. I get to stay home and take care of the kids while my wife works. 2 days a week they go to daycare so I can go ride, make smoking pipes (just to pick up a little spending cash, aside from that it's fun), go to the shooting range, or just goof off.

I do have to take care of the day to day stuff like grocery shopping, and I love cooking so that works out too.

After reading some of the stuff above, I think I have the best job. I get to stay home and take care of the kids while my wife works. 2 days a week they go to daycare so I can go ride, make smoking pipes (just to pick up a little spending cash, aside from that it's fun), go to the shooting range, or just goof off.

I do have to take care of the day to day stuff like grocery shopping, and I love cooking so that works out too.

COOL! That's what I do!!!!! But my daughter is only 9 months old. Not much freedom yet.

Oh yeah, I don't make pipes either or shoot, am looking forward to getting a metal shop setup though.

How's this for a tangent?

JA, back from Cannon already ? how was it ? any drizzle ? Maybe see ya friday at Addsometrash.

Negative, my better half didn't feel like going up today (some kind of stomach bug running around the house), but we're heading up to our friend's condo in Lincoln tonight, so I'll let you know about the weather (in the ride board to keep the thread police happy) up there later tonight.

Tailspin was a kid's cartoon about animals (in the place of people) that....I don't even know....Balloo was the main character, a big fat bear that flew a flying boat around delivering stuff and there was always this other guy that was trying to steal his stuff or something like that. Basically, Balloo got to fly shipments around on his time, on his terms...sounds good to me.

BJVricks, thats what you need to do. Start making your company's product on your time and sell it to the military for cheaper. We can then make a cartoon about it and target it at 4-8 year olds in order to teach them about industrial espionage and learn the values of national security :D .

McFly ! Pilots get more chicks than chefs. Here's an early christmas gift for ya

I wouldn't count on that. Flyin a chick around is cool and all, but you ever cook a chick dinner?? Reference the panty remover recipe that is on these forums somewhere..

I learned Monday that I won't be needed in the office any more after 1/15.

On Monday, the company I just left held their annual Christmas ritual of laying off a bunch of people. This time it was around 30 people. Looks like my head was on the block too, until I quit 2 months ago. Looks like it's to get replace the high-salaried people with low-salaried juniors.

I saw the signs (e.g. setting me up to fail; wrongly blaming me for a screwup, etc.) a while ago, but I didn't know if they were going to fire me or lay me off. So I went with the sure thing and quit with an arrangement to collect UI. They did make sure to kick me as much as they could before I left.

I am really, really bummed out about missing out on the severance (could have probably gotten 7 weeks pay, which is about 5 months expenses for me), but it gave me 2 months of freedom.

So now I'm free to spend the entire winter riding during the week, but, as my luck would have it, we're supposed to be getting a really warm winter again this year. :( Right now (11:16pm), it's 7 degrees outside my window and raining.

I think I'll look at photos of sunshine powder days and keep thinking positive thoughts. Yeah, that'll do it. :)

'later...

Bartron....if you're free, just move West! It appears that we'll have quite a nice season this year.

Not to say that there aren't problems with moving, etc. But if you're chasing snow...well, suffice to say that it appears you don't have any.

(Which sucks....it means our mountains are going to be busy as hell this winter.)

• 2 weeks later...
wait... you're saying it snows in Iowa? and there's even a hill?

sounds like someone saw "office space".

"Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too... "

ISn't that where they board down into the hole in the ground and then take the chair back out??

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=J3UDCoQnXjA

migrating is not a bad thing....glorified "bus" drivers

Bartron....if you're free, just move West! It appears that we'll have quite a nice season this year.

Neuffy, I am free, I want to move out west (actually, I just want to get the hell out of here) and I have already started looking into it. :) I already got a couple of quotes from moving companies.

If I move, it will be after winter. In the meantime, I can take advantage of that crazy Air Canada deal. It will give me a chance to visit the places I'm thinking of moving to. In fact, I can do a Tour Des Rocheuses. :) Each week a different resort. I come back here for the weekends, load up on sandwiches and snacks so I won't have to buy as much food when I'm out there.

The only catch is that I want to go back to school part-time in a year or two and full-time in about 3 years. I want to make sure I'm in the same town that I'll be studying in so I can start taking courses while I work. So right now, I'm choosing the school to apply to. Looks like it will be UBC or McGill.

Not to say that there aren't problems with moving, etc. But if you're chasing snow...well, suffice to say that it appears you don't have any.

Tell me about it ! It will cost me about $3500 (based on 2 quotes I got from moving companies) to move all my stuff to Vancouver and I estimate about $3000 to move it to Calgary. That cost can be declared in my fed income tax as a moving expense and get a deduction from my taxable income. Sweeeeeet.

Right now I'm unemployed, so I'm better off staying here until I find a job. And I don't want to start working until after spring.

(Which sucks....it means our mountains are going to be busy as hell this winter.)

Nah, I don't take up that much space. :)

'later...