Note to New Members ×

Which year Malamute the stiffest?

zoltan

I remember reading that some of the yearlier model Malamutes were stiffer than the newer models. Is this true, and does anyone know what years they were the stiffest?
Sorry I can't help you as I have the 05/06 Malamutes, but never wore the earlier ones. Another boot you might want to look at is the DC Allegiance boot. I just saw a guy rave about it on splitboard.com/talk (boot reviews). He says it's stiffer than his 04/05 Malamutes.

I have the new malamutes and they are very stiff, I almost think they are too stiff, but i dont think Ive broken them in yet, but i certainly wouldnt want anything stiffer, not with out some sort of pivot. I tried the Driver X's with them side by side. But from what ive heard the burtons dont last near as long as the malmutes.

every pair of solomons that I've had or have known people that have had them break in too much and get too big inside

both are good boots but I'm not too big on salomon after either breakage of my own stuff or other peoples stuff

I *think* the stiffness maxed out on the 01/02 Malamutes. I had the 00/01 which were almost as stiff, but wound up warrantying two pairs and finally wound up with 01/02s. Those held out much better and I bought a 2nd pair at end of season prices, which I am now using for the rare softie day.