Note to New Members ×

skwal

Dr D

My humble opinion is that you get no knee pain if you keep your angles at 90 degrees -this forces you to ride the skwal the way it was designed = like a slalom water ski. This also explains the knee touching the other one - the only right position on the water as well = the back knee tucked behind the front one.

I agree that would be ideal (as I come from a slalom waterskiing background). However, the two issues are: I have Skwal brand bindings with toe-bails (not step-in), and do not have enough room to get in and out of the back binding at 90 and 90. I have tried releasing the front binding for chair lift rides, but it creates pain in my rear knee as the board hangs. The other issue is that I do not have canting under/in the bindings, or enough canting in my boots, to allow me to put even pressure on the inside and outside of the ski when at 90 and 90. When water-skiing, I have high-wrap bindings, but not hard-shell, which allows my ankles to flex sideways enough to keep even L-R pressure on each foot. What are the options for correcting this? canting the bindings? Getting a Bomber Skwal "second board" kit and using my TD1s?

Thanks.

CB

I also use standard skwal bindings and the only way to get the back boot off is to first release the front one, but I find this OK as you normally only need to get the front foot out = opposite to the boarder practise. I never thought about ankle flex in water skiing - I figure it's all about weight transfer sideways and I've been applying this to skwal as well