Note to New Members ×

Get These Guys a Swoard

Pow

Funny how skiing is imitating snowboarding these days. I really like the fact that each dicipline is gleaning methods from the other - continually pushing envelopes.

tech ?'s: I don't see massive risers, so I can assume that boot-out is avoided by the massive arse-over-tail technique?

They seem to be on shorter than norm shaped skis - do you think a bit longer ski would be better or worse (given the fact that the arc is created from the heel of the boot to the tail)

i agree its not as graceful as snowboarding, nor do i think it ever can be because of bio-mechanical issues (both skiis need to be perpendicular to the ground, therefore one leg would have to go through one ski) unless you got a pair of skiis with holes in the sides to give your legs some room:) which is why somebody should give these guys a swoard:cool:

Well this technique shown here simply sucks IMO. Neither gratefull nor anything else. Off course some skills are needed for it and I'm sure the guy ain't a bad skier but proper extremecarving on skis looks different. Meaning high plates (yeah - can you remember the 8 to 10cm plates of the past), a 8cm middle width ski and much more speed.

Ever watched worldcup skiers training SuperG - they scrape the slope with their buds too - If they didn't break at the waist they'ld be very low too. Remember that their plug boots are friggin tight to prevent bootout.