F2 heavy rider feedback

wavechaser

I don't race... but have ridden the F2 (stock version) at 210lbs and found the ride to be rather soft for what I was expecting to be GS race board response. If you could get your hands on a race stock version I bet you would really dig it. I have a F2183 race stock and it seems to hold my size better while still being a damp ride.

I don't race... but have ridden the F2 (stock version) at 210lbs and found the ride to be rather soft for what I was expecting to be GS race board response. If you could get your hands on a race stock version I bet you would really dig it.

That is actually what I've been working on - getting a race stock board, but not an F2. Can't afford a new Coiler / Kessler / Tomahawk right now so a race stock non-titanal board is probably the best I can do. Looks like I'll have an F2 Speedster RS 183 (brand new) for sale soon though.

I'm 6-5" - 222lbs and ride a F2 183 for GS.

I don't have a lot to compare it to - In contrast, my Burton FP 173 (blue)

was much stiffer and had loads more spring in the tail, but the

F2 grips way better, and is more "damp" when railing through the crud and ice.

On the FP, I would hit an ice chunk, and could tell you exactly where it connected with the base of the board. The F2 has more "Cadillac-like shocks", and let's me worry less about stayin' up, and more about where I'm going.

For what it's worth..

~Karl

I actually have the new board picked out - just interested in any feedback by people my size who have raced the 2005 F2 Speedster RS 183, before I let that one go. It feels VERY soft just hand-flexing it compatred to my Hot Blast and I'm thinking I may be too heavy at 190 lbs. to race GS on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you make a decision?

What are you looking at for a new board?

~Karl

I got a nice stiff (wide - 21cm) Buton FP 185, but it is a one-off race stock model originally made for Klug a couple years ago. It's in beautiful condition and has plenty of life in it...wasn't ridden much. Still use my Hot Blast 178 for tighter GS courses though - which is also a stiff and "snappy" board.

Wavechaser:

What do you ride for SL?

I'm on a 164 FP now, and finding that doesn't always hold.

I use a 2004 Hot Blast 160 - holds like a dream. It's my favorite board to "play" on too! I had an Oxy Proton but it was WAY too soft in the tail and would wash out on ice if you weren't in perfect body position, or were trying to pump it too much in the flats. I like aboard that shoots you out of a turn when you load it up, and can recover from those Bode Miller style back-seat turns.

I'm looking at some Tomahawk SL boards right now - just tying to figure out whether to go with titanal or not...there is a big disagreement on that subject among upper level riders I've talked to who have used ones to sell...but some of it could be sales talk.